• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding on jet boat without ballast.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah, I've seen those. I was thinking that three passengers and a board, and a rack would start getting crowded in a hurry. Most of my trips were longer as we were launching from a trailer so we packed lunch, etc. Surely it is doable though.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No ballast, no tower, first time (wakeboarder and boat captain!), 75' rope (I think it's a little too long). It took me about 8 tries or so to get up (part of the problem was my driver :D) but damn it, I did it. Need to adjust my bindings from being at a direct 90 degree angle to the board (default position) but I did okay. Looks like we also need some assistance in the photography department. In addition, I am significantly older than I thought I was. :oldman:

IMG_5302.JPG

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No ballast, no tower, first time (wakeboarder and boat captain!), 75' rope (I think it's a little too long). It took me about 8 tries or so to get up (part of the problem was my driver :D) but damn it, I did it. Need to adjust my bindings from being at a direct 90 degree angle to the board (default position) but I did okay. Looks like we also need some assistance in the photography department. In addition, I am significantly older than I thought I was. :oldman:
Nice work!

For binding placement, you can either only point your lead foot out a bit, or do both equally. The first is better to start with, but having both bindings slightly pointed out helps to ride switch.

75' of rope is fine for starting, it'll put you far back enough were you can learn the basics of board control inside the wake and the wake will be a little smaller back there if you want to venture out. That's typically where we start beginners at a speed of 16-17mph (never faster than 19)

Build some confidence, then work your way to shortening the rope.

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I could no longer pay attention to what you guys were saying after this popped up at the end of the video

image.png

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice work!

For binding placement, you can either only point your lead foot out a bit, or do both equally. The first is better to start with, but having both bindings slightly pointed out helps to ride switch.

75' of rope is fine for starting, it'll put you far back enough were you can learn the basics of board control inside the wake and the wake will be a little smaller back there if you want to venture out. That's typically where we start beginners at a speed of 16-17mph (never faster than 19)

Build some confidence, then work your way to shortening the rope.
Yeah the second time I got up, I was facing the opposite direction I wanted to, so I tried to switch and immediately did a face plant into the water. I skated a lot as a kid so I was pretty confident I knew how but hopefully the binding move will do the trick. I will give moving both a shot, thanks. I'd like to be able to swap back and forth instead of trying to stay in one position. I'm not sure exactly what speed we were going as I wasn't driving. It was my dad's first time driving a jet boat and he really had no idea what he was doing. :D I do think it was just a little bit too slow, because I could very easily get ahead of myself and put slack in the rope, which caused me to almost fall a few times.