• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing rookie

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all! Wake surfing looks fun, but if you don't have the perfect boat for it, it also seems expensive. I've never wake surfed before, but I sure would like to give it a shot without having to sell my boat. I have a 2018 AR240 and I've seen the Yamaha Wake Booster that costs around $1k. I could deal with that...What I don't want to deal with is a bunch of pain in the behind bags that I have to pump in and out...What's the most effective/easy set up out there for this novice?

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 210 and use the wake booster. it gives you enough of a wave to see if you like it, but that's about it. After giving it a go for the summer, I am now contemplating, buy some bags and weight this thing down, upgrade to a Wake series, or go to a real wake boat. Yesterday I was messing around on the Zup board (showing the kids what they could do) and forgot what a faceplant feels like at 20, ouch.... Wakesurfing is so much less painful and my old body likes that.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good to know. So currently you don't have any bags at all? Do you have any pictures, or video of the wake?

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good to know. So currently you don't have any bags at all? Do you have any pictures, or video of the wake?
No bags, This is with the admiral piloting and a female friend taking pics (hardly any weight on board).

video:

Attachments