• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Want to get my upholstery redone... Suggestions?

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@maboat I wished I snapped some picks of them removed. The screws are all near the bottom, so you just reach your hand under and take them off. The top part is secured by hooks.

@DoubleTrouble if you have a number, I can add them to my list...

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like The Upholstery Shop is the same place as the first link I posted earlier (http://www.upholsteryfortworth.com/)...It looks like they have 2 locations.

I'm planning on making the calls tomorrow (Detonate meant that he was going to have me make the calls this week :facepalm:). Anyhow, I have 5 shops on my list: Browns Boat Repair, ASM (from Fast N Loud show), The Upholstery Shop, Stitches and Staples Upholstery and Poseidon Boat Restoration. Keep your recommendations/suggestions on upholstery places coming. :)

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yeah! They are on our list.

Actually went by there last weekend, but turns out they are only open Mon-Thurs.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Quotes are coming in at around $3k to $3.5k for the whole boat, including chairs, and the extra cushions for the bow and aft areas...

Going to take everything to shop tomorrow and get a more accurate quote.

Here are some pics to see how you take them seats off...

20140310_221644734_iOS.jpg

20140310_221658207_iOS.jpg

This last one was officially the biggest pain in the ass!!!! Anyone that has tried to tighten that cleat can attest to what a pain that is. Well that last screw is just a tiny bit further than that....

20140310_221702106_iOS.jpg

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ooooweeee...it'll be nice time to really clean the crud out from behind those cushions. :vomit:

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ooooweeee...it'll be nice time to really clean the crud out from behind those cushions. :vomit:
Funny - that's exactly what I was thinking...maybe worth taking off the cushions just to clean...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the very least, if you happen to have the cover off of your boat anytime soon, can you grab me some interior pics of your upholstery?
I'll snap you some pics at noon today

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool.

If you take some pics of the stuff you might want to have restored vs. replaced, I can talk to them about that while I'm there....

If you need a place to upload the pics, I can give you a public directory on my OneDrive.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you take some pics of the stuff you might want to have restored vs. replaced, I can talk to them about that while I'm there....
Good idea. None of my cushions that need repair are bolted down. They are all white, no textured grey and no piping. But I'll be sure to get pics of the grey and piping for your reference.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mo' pics, Mo' better. I'd like to replicate the '06 OEM look as much as possible. Including the texture material in the dark grey areas...

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have always want to get neoprene seat covers for all my seats, wonter who would make that

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've used The Upholstery Shop in Lewisville for my bimini and mooring cover. I know they told me they can do the rest as well. Might be worth a call at least.
So that's who we've ended up going with. Although we are using the Fort Worth version...

Final quote ended up being $2,500 plus tax, and that includes every single piece from the boat, including the seats...

That is 100% inline with what I wanted. I asked them if they do custom boat covers, but no go... At least at the Ft. Worth shop.... Might have to call Lewisville for that...

DoubleTrouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Lewisville one does for sure. Because my mooring cover was a 100% custom job.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, the order is in!!

I'm going to have the whole boat redone in Spradling PERMAGUARD® vinyl. It's supposed to be extremely stain resistant, so we'll see.

I chose:
ZAN-3104 OFF WHITE
ZAN-3112 PEARL GREY
BEL-3311 DOVE GREY

I took a bunch of picture of @maboat 's boat for reference. I didn't find a pattern that I liked enough for the Dark Grey areas, so I went with just more of a textured look there.
JIM_3912.jpg

This will be a huge difference from my 2005 model which was just a blah flat look with grey on red, so I'm super excited! They are also going to copy all of the piping from the 2006 model, which my model has none. He showed me a sample of the piping that was just a grey color in between the 2 I had chose. Looked great!

Little nervous about the choice of Off-White vs. Brilliant White, but in the samples he had they looked almost identical.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is going to look great Jim! Pretty good life out of the old vinyl too, and $2.5K is a great buy on a full restoration! I like that texture as well. Can't wait to see the finished product!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So I guess the alligator skin is out.