• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wanting to add a second battery but have no idea how - any step by step tutorials?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Downside of the "easiest way" is that both of your batteries would be draining equally when anchored and listening to music. In theory, you could drain the starter battery too much using this method. The point of the switch is to isolate the "house" battery to power only the helm and stereo while the "starter" battery is delegated to exclusively starting the engines. This way the starter battery is never depleted past the point of being able to crank the engine. The ACR is essentially a smart device that connects the batteries only when the engines are running so both battery banks will charge when underway.
Totally agree. Could care less if my house battery dies, as long as I can crank the engine and run the bilge I can handle whatever I need to do.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow that has to be the dumbest thing every.... Why would they do that?
I jave no idea, its stupid, but if you turn off the key the connex goes dark and there goes your music with it. So the ignition has to be on for the connex to work, the radio is integrated in the Connex and the remote in the back, in 2019 was the connex was the remote and the head unit was in the back. Dumbest thing yamaha has done.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I jave no idea, its stupid, but if you turn off the key the connex goes dark and there goes your music with it. So the ignition has to be on for the connex to work, the radio is integrated in the Connex and the remote in the back, in 2019 was the connex was the remote and the head unit was in the back. Dumbest thing yamaha has done.
Not on my boat. As long as the batteries are on, I can simply turn on the Fusion stereo at the stern and rock out. I do this when floating so my Connext and Chartplotter are not drawing anything, and I control the tunes with the Fusion app.

Or if I want the Connext on, I shut off the engines, wait for it to shut down, then briefly turn one key back on for a couple seconds then back off, and the Connext will boot up with the keys off.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if it is model specific.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Not on my boat. As long as the batteries are on, I can simply turn on the Fusion stereo at the stern and rock out. I do this when floating so my Connext and Chartplotter are not drawing anything, and I control the tunes with the Fusion app.

Or if I want the Connext on, I shut off the engines, wait for it to shut down, then briefly turn one key back on for a couple seconds then back off, and the Connext will boot up with the keys off.
That’s with Fusion. Newer boats with 12” Connext, you have to have both batteries on. I’ve tried switching cables, grounds, key manipulaton, etc. I just treat my batteries as house batteries in parallel…stupid af

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That’s with Fusion. Newer boats with 12” Connext, you have to have both batteries on. I’ve tried switching cables, grounds, key manipulaton, etc. I just treat my batteries as house batteries in parallel…stupid af
Did you mean to say both "keys" on? I have both batteries on whenever I'm on the water, but the start is always isolated when floating and everything else runs off the house battery.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wonder if it is model specific.
Yeah I suppose it depends on the stereo setup...but as long as you can power up the radio, it should work without the keys. The newer Ennovation brands are different and might not work without the Connext?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Did you mean to say both "keys" on? I have both batteries on whenever I'm on the water, but the start is always isolated when floating and everything else runs off the house battery.
I have to have both batteries on and the ignition key on. I have dual push button start. They don’t have any effect.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
In the process of adding a second battery, following.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have to have both batteries on and the ignition key on. I have dual push button start. They don’t have any effect.
You have the "SE" model...which stereo do you have? Fusion or the newer Ennovation?
I'd like to know the differences between the two.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
You have the "SE" model...which stereo do you have? Fusion or the newer Ennovation?
I'd like to know the differences between the two.
Enovation.