• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WARRANTY items Yamaha Refused to fix.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:eek: What?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't want to hijack the thread I think it is important that people talk about things that Yamaha may need to know about . Both for Yamaha and for the people who may feel they are not getting the attention their problem deserves.
I have plenty of pictures of my very memorial day before memorial day, however my new system makes it pain in the butt to post them.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have to say I was impressed with Yamaha warranty coverage.
I had 500 hours on a supercharged ski that developed a bad heat sensor.
I checked everything and tried different things but it was to no avail.
The alarm would go off even if the engine was just started for the first time of the day.
After having the worst experience in my life with KAWASAKI warranty and the local dealer.
I documented that ordeal on the pwc weekly board.
I must say I was totally apprehensive about bringing my ski to Yamaha to get it fixed.
To my surprise the ski was taken care of and it cost me nothing.
That is one reason why I will only buy Yamaha.
I actually called the dealer today and told them I need a new fx ho cruiser and soon I will be purchasing another , both will have the 5 year warranty as always.
Oh and if you are looking for boat insurance I would strongly suggest progressive,, after having my ski and trailer destroyed on the interstate last Sunday these people went out of their way to handle everything very quickly. And very satisfactorily in every way. I Applaud them.

Wanna buy my 2013 blue FZS 20 hrs , warranty until 2018 lol

Last edited:

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Add rear transom remote (aquativ AV) to the list. Unless it fails within the first year in which case the manufacturers warranty will cover it. My dealer even admitted it's a common failure yet wouldn't do anything to help.
@Skysurfer2010, my rear transom remote stopped working last year and I was online looking for a replacement and while cleaning the boat last weekend, I turned on the stereo to try to get the remote to work and just happened to press the power button and low and behold the rear transom remote started working. Last year it looked a little water logged and I thought it was done. It wouldn't do anything. Reprogrammed the remote as I thought that stopped working as well and it started to work again too.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Everyone needs to know that the quality of the Dealer has as much to do with whether your warranty gets approved as yamaha for the most part. And if your not getting the answer you want from the dealer don't be afraid to call customer service and explain you problem politely. Yamaha is an awesome company and are all about customer retention.