• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Was I supposed to get a mirror? (2021 252S)

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Bought a 2021 252S last year (got on wait list in June 2020 and received in late September 2020). Everything I've seen says I was supposed to get a windshield mirror, but did not. Any other 252S owners get one?

If it's anything like the mirror that came with my 242 Ltd S, you're not missing anything. Janky plastic with a bad suction cup and glass barely flat enough to see through. Not like the nice one that comes with the X model.

Bought a 2021 252S last year (got on wait list in June 2020 and received in late September 2020). Everything I've seen says I was supposed to get a windshield mirror, but did not. Any other 252S owners get one?

Yes you should of. It is not great as @seanmclean indicated, but it allows you to get out right away and do some watersports. I used my piece o junk that came with the boat a couple of times before I plunked the cash down on a great mirror, just to understand what I think I wanted.

I did not get a mirror with my 2021 252S. Neither did I get a full tank of gas...

Huh, maybe they stopped doing that. On my AR210 and others have gotten a mirror.

Got a fire extinguisher and a crappy mirror with my 2022 AR250. But not a full tank of gas.
As indicated by @HangOutdoors even if it's not a good one at least you can start with something.
I'm still not sure I would spend 300 bucks in a "X" type mirror.

That's actually not too bad compared to the OEM "X" version.
Are you satisfied? Do you keep it all the time?
Any blind spots?

It is a great mirror. No blind spots for me. I use it both standing and sitting. Search the forums here, many members have it with their own personal reviews.

Mine is on all the time. Just fold it down when I put the cover on.

I can’t speak to the newer boats but 2010 was the first year of the 242, Yamaha’s flag ship at the time and it didn’t come with a mirror. My boats previous owner had a Sampson (sp?) mirror and arm attached before I Bought the boat from him. Good thing because the retail on those parts was $450 ($150 for the mirror plus $300 for the arm and tower mount), not something that I ever considered buying on my own.

I purchased two new Waverunners within the last year and neither came with a full tank of gas, both dealers said the same thing,”they were limited in the amount of gas they included because the Waverunners were on the showroom floor”. The second dealer elaborated and said that if/when sales are slow they would include a tank of gas but since they are selling their inventory faster than they receive it there is no reason for them to throw in any extra incentives. They ran out new of pwcs to sell in June this year, normally that doesn’t happen until September.

Huh, maybe they stopped doing that. On my AR210 and others have gotten a mirror.

You have a good dealer.

My 210 didn’t come with one and my 252SE didn’t either.
Pretty sure it’s only X models

I believe mirrors only come on the “tow sports” boat versions like the AR and X series. My AR192 came with a mirror.

Yamaha website specs for 252SD show it includes a windshield mirror. Maybe it went the way of the solar panel in the bimini; just quietly slipped into oblivion.

Yamaha website specs for 252SD show it includes a windshield mirror. Maybe it went the way of the solar panel in the bimini; just quietly slipped into oblivion.

I have my stock one still in the box, you are more than welcome to it.

My 2022 AR195 came with a cheap little mirror. Dang thing won't even stick to the glass. :D

My 2020 212s (has the wakeboard tower) came with a small suction-cup mirror. The website shows it as one of the features of the boat while the 212 without tower does not. Seems to be a tower-related item.

Our 2016 212x came with a billet arm that clamps to the tower... These aren't stock?

Back