• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water out of cylinder spark plug 3 only

Anyone have a clue as to what it is?

• Help please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

An31480

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2005 Yamaha AR230, I have a new engine, new muffler, change all the gaskets in the both manifolds and muffler, looked and check nothing is broken. It has new spark plugs new oil. But out of cylinder spark plug 3 is the only place where there’s water coming out. All the rest are good. Does anyone have a clue as to what it could be? I don’t know what else to check.

Last edited:
Can you describe what you mean by water coming out of spark plug 3.

Any more history on the boat might help with a diagnosis. How long have you owned the boat? Is this a new problem? Why was the engine replaced?

It’s from SBT from FL engine and at the lake it dies that and in the hose. Yes I took out the spark plug and it squirts.

It’s from SBT from FL engine and at the lake I saw milky oil, so I pull it out and started to diagnose it. Now at home I tested it with the hose. Yes I took out the spark plug and it squirts.

Bad head gasket seal. Are you seeing this in both cylinders 2 and 3? Turn the motor on before you turn the water on. If motor dies, turn water off quickly. If the motor is running, water will not make its way into the cylinder via the exhaust valves. If it dies while running and you find water in a/the cylinders, it is a bad cooling water jacket seal in the head gasket around that cylinder. Can we assume SBT installed a new head gasket on that motor? Explains the milky oil too...bad head gasket seal.

Last edited:
How does the oil look any signs of water in the oil ?

Bad head gasket seal. Are you seeing this in both cylinders 2 and 3? Turn the motor on before you turn the water on. If motor dies, turn water off quickly. If the motor is running, water will not make its way into the cylinder via the exhaust valves. If it dies while running and you find water in a/the cylinders, it is a bad cooling water jacket seal in the head gasket around that cylinder. Can we assume SBT installed a new head gasket on that motor? Explains the milky oil too...bad head gasket seal.

I’m going to give them a call since I just purchase the motor. Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate it.

Back