• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waverunner battery...

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best place to buy one online? Does it really matter the brand?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
eBay. Or Amazon. I always compare the two And I’ve had reg and agm. Both last the same in my opinion. Don’t go to the store. 40-50 online. 100-120 in the store.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve had good experience with BatteriesPlus. Buy online, use their coupon, and pick up at the store an hour or so later. In my experience you need to stick to the same size battery (casing), else the OEM strap will not hold it in place.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Question how old is it? After 2 years they get low on water I know it is a sealed battery but I add water to them and they last another year or longer

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok pull the top strip and look in the cells if there is no water it won't charge either

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Best place to buy one online? Does it really matter the brand?
Absolutely the best. AGM batteries, 24 month warranty ( and they honor it completely), very reasonable price, free shipping!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK Jeff, tell me how pouring water in suddenly revives the charge? Interesting for a dummy such as myself.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
OK Jeff, tell me how pouring water in suddenly revives the charge? Interesting for a dummy such as myself.
If you say so but it worked there and I had nothing to loose by trying it and if you don't believe it that is your problem so you pay for the polygraph and I will welcome it and then you will look foolish for that comment. Also I did the same thing once for my daughters car when it was low on water and would not crank over , brought up the water and it worked fine.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My advice to you is look in the cells and if you do not see water over the the top of the plates in the cells add water and bring it to the correct level and try it you just may be very surprised. The issue with sealed batteries is no one can inspect the water levels in the cells and being very low will keep it from developing the power you need. And if you want to see if a cell is bad use a set of jumper cables hook them to the battery with the cells open so you can see in them and if one cell bubbles when you connect the other ends ends and short the battery that cell is bad.

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
MIGHTY MAX BATTERY YB16CL-B GEL 12V 19Ah Battery for YAMAHA Wave Runner All CC 87-'09
bought two for my 2017s, @ Home Depot

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Snarky as usual; I was just wondering how putting water into a dead battery suddenly revived it without having put a charge on it. Glad it worked for you; I was just curious.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC Snarky as usual; I was just wondering how putting water into a dead battery suddenly revived it without having put a charge on it. Glad it worked for you; I was just curious.
Haaaa go do it I bet there is no water visible in that battery, open it up and look then fill it with water and see how it works no water it can not work. don't wonder just do it for the hell of it take a volt reading on it now and after you fill it with water and see what happens.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or spend 53 bucks (10% off coupon of course) from the recommendation above and have it delivered to my Maryland beach house; swap it out; and not sweat it for the season.