• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Waverunner Question.

Im gonna do mine next time I am off and we have some nice weather...So probably July

So Im gonna empty my fuel tank soon. Not sure where to put 18 gallons of fuel lol Makes me wonder why even keep the tank filled in the off season anyway. The tiny amount that will be on the bottom the tank will be there any way so what good does another 17 gallons do sitting in the upper 90% of the tank do ??. From now on Im thinking I will just leave the tank empty....THOUGHTS or CONCERNS ???

I seriously doubt you need to keep your fuel tank full in the off season since p w c tanks are sealed and not vented like regular boat tanks, I would believe if the tank is sealed moisture can't really get in. If the fuel smells like turpentine it is bad. I have seen people running old fuel in the beginning of the season here and how they comment on just how crappy the ski runs until they put in new fuel.
Keep in mind our off season is pretty short if we even have one.
I run all year as long as the water is above 60 degrees. I wonder if taking out half the fuel and adding premium would be plausible if you are running a non supercharged engine that runs on regular fuel. Those that require premium would probably not be so forgiving.

So Im gonna empty my fuel tank soon. Not sure where to put 18 gallons of fuel lol Makes me wonder why even keep the tank filled in the off season anyway. The tiny amount that will be on the bottom the tank will be there any way so what good does another 17 gallons do sitting in the upper 90% of the tank do ??. From now on Im thinking I will just leave the tank empty....THOUGHTS or CONCERNS ???
I do not have that answer for you, however, I had some concern over phase separation being on the bottom of the tank. I siphoned mine out and thought I got most of it. After refilling I found out I was several gallons short of getting all of it. Added the seafoam and stabil with the new fuel and had no problems at all. Suspect the only way you could get it all is to remove the sending unit on fuel tank which would be a pain. I was told by a good reliable member here, if it smells like varnish it is bad, smells like fuel should be good. Mine smelt like fuel but was not anywhere near full so I siphoned it anyway. Coming through the clear hose it all looked good. I thought the ski sat for a year. Found it was almost 2 years that it sat. Fired and ran like new after all that time sitting. a great testament to these Yamaha engines.

If you have any oil cans, I would add a squirt of oil to each cylinder. It will help lubricate until enough oil gets on the cylinders. They will probably be mostly dry.

On the 1800 engines there is a small crank case breather hose just behind the air filter box, If you were inclined to give the engine a bit of top oil you can remove the hose easily as it has a finger clamp , then secure the throttle open with a rubber band etc while you crank the engine for a few seconds and spray some wd40 or similar oil in the air intake hose opening, that will also lube the throttle body . If the throttle sensor picks up that the throttle is not closed all the way the computer will not fire the plugs and the engine will not run so no worries there. On the mr1 engines that hose is forward of the air filter element and the cause of elements fouling when people overfill the oil so do not use that method on those models .

Put in the new fuel with a can of seafoam and it'll be fine. Might run a little rough at first.

Back