• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

West Marine Clearance Cool Stuff

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The GoPro and Grill are sold out. Did you get a grill order in? The price was so good that I would not be surprised if they cancelled our orders.
Yep, I got the grill, GoPro and the meat thermomitor. I also picked up some rod holders from Overtons last night too.

I jope they font cancel. I did the free shipping to the store so we'll see.

Great night for clearance sales!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't buy anything but I did learn I can save a grand on an anchor I've been getting prices on. It's $3300 everywhere but only $2300 at West Marine. I never look to West Marine for big dollar items because they are usually way more.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The GoPro and Grill are sold out. Did you get a grill order in? The price was so good that I would not be surprised if they cancelled our orders.
Nope, I missed out.
Now we will have to figure out how to use yours!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't buy anything but I did learn I can save a grand on an anchor I've been getting prices on. It's $3300 everywhere but only $2300 at West Marine. I never look to West Marine for big dollar items because they are usually way more.
Damn... your yamaha will never move again..... never!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
booooo! I havnt called them yet but i do t expect good news....

Screenshot_20160927-193836.png

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed mine had not shipped and the charge no longer showed on my bank statement. Guess they are backing out on the sale.
my GoPro is back ordered too.....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's bull sheet! Call and start complaining...they have a 100% customer satisfaction (customer is right and gets what he wants) policy. You'll get it at that price

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also received an "Items No Longer Available" cancellation notice.
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.38.50 AM.png

This was my response.

I am very disappointed in your decision not to fulfill my order along with order #15809064.

On Friday Mr. Ballard and I promoted your sale to our 5,600 comembers at http://jetboaters.net . We often share West Marine deals when they are appropriate for our members and we expected our purchases to be fulfilled with your normal level of professionalism. I am unsure where the mistake was made beyond knowing that Mr. Ballard and I met our obligations to complete our purchases. At the time of our orders the items were listed as being in stock. You sent out order confirmations listing our grills as "confirmed items". We are shocked and disappointed that you have chosen not to complete our confirmed orders.

You can read our recent discussion of your clearance items at https://jetboaters.net/threads/west-marine-clearance-cool-stuff.11442/

If you search our forum you can see that we have 190 threads that mention "West Marine". The vast majority of these are positive although your decision not to fulfill "confirmed orders" is changing that trend.​

If anyone else received a cancellation I invite you to send a similar response to West Marine customer service. I am not optimistic but perhaps they will decide to do the right thing and fulfill the orders.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK so I called West Marine

It took a lot of talking and complaining, but I got them to give me the new GoPro Session for the clearance price of $150 as I ordered. The woman I talked to is now working on the grill issue and will be calling me back (I hope).

I must say they where not awesome to talk to and it took a lot of complaining and threatening.

wish us luck on the grill!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is West Marine's disappointing response to my email.

Ahoy Bruce!

We are very sorry that we could not fill your order, when clearance items get this low in price and this good things move very quickly and we run out of stock sometimes before we can put the brakes on orders.

We would love to have more to sell but they all sold out very quickly.

The order confirmation does not say anything about the item being confirmed, it fact it said "ships when available" which is this case it is not available.

I can offer you a 10% discount off any other grill just to help out some, I know that is not the same discount as this clearance item but you could take this off of a new improved grill.

If you would like to do this just either call in or let us know after you place the order and we will discount it by the 10%.​

I will remember this when I consider where to do business in the future.

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On second thought, it is too good of a deal and all my accessories fit.

This forum is getting expensive .........
Getting?

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK I spoke to West Marine again with the supervisor.

They offered me a lower end grill at more money than the deal I bought. They also offered me the same 10% off other grills that are more expensive they offered Bruce.

The supervisor I spoke to has been professional and has escalated this now to her boss.

I have now brought up the case that this is basically bait and switch and I will make this case with the next person I speak to. At this point its not about the grill, but about customer service and my future business with them.

Their website lists, "Limited Quantities" with no further explanation so I would have to assume it is an available item and I better act fast - which we did and they need to honor the deal.

I did some googling and found the below; this isn't the first time they have done business like this.
https://westmarine.knoji.com/westmarine-review-faq/
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/West_Marine

NOTE - My teeth are firmly stuck in this now and I wont get off my soap box until we win what we deserve. :)