• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet Sounds WS-420BT - Needed/Worth it for Non-Tower Aftermarket Stereo

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Quick mock up not permanently mounted the water proof box needed some modification if anyone goes this route I can elaborate . Its easy to reach and not in the way of your legs allows for the Auxilarry in and out to have a small extension added and have the ability to plug in to connect other boat systems or items. Easy to run the wires into the dash area and the box can have something mounted to hang the mic for the PA. The lower blank portion will have knobs that control the amps and a master power switch . it looks bulky in the picture but sitting in the boat its not that noticeable due to the angle of the dash

20190424_114924_1556121439050_resized.jpg20190424_114931_1556121438187_resized.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love the case/box!
Is this the billet case form WSounds?

Yes!

In fact, I believe it was the prototype. Spendy but perfect for the task.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn't like my paint job on my homemade built box so I decided to spring for the WS420 box.
Here is my install

Attachments

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That box is pricey, but it looks very nice. I may eventually go that route but so far the Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 is doing everything I need it to do, if it holds up over time.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found another photo of my install that shows the billet better. Note this is before I cleaned up the caulk.

image(2).png

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am resurrecting this to ask where you guys hooked the WS-420 power and ground to? Installing all mine this week and interested in saving any time I can.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
B4C07451-3129-4CFC-8668-B7B3DA90B948.jpeg
I installed one of these distribution block. Ran one positive and one negative straight from battery to this splitter. Now I can just add different accessories.

Miller92063

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. I have an amp Board made up to cover that area with 0 gauge running to it. Maybe I'll just tap into that distribution block (0g to two 4g) and and run a power to a smaller distribution block for it and anything else down the road.
Same for the negative.