• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds RA70 head unit

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Would the Wetsounds RA70 head unit be interchangeable between the standard and the yamaha versions?

I need to replace. Dealer is going to charge me $500, and it’s on backorder. He said I would hopefully have it by boating season - May.

Crutchfield has it in stock for $250 and i would have it by Monday.

I’m tempted to order it and see. I’m just worried it won’t be able to talk back to the Connext system which is the part that’s broke now.

Thoughts?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if the "talk back" portion is part of the NMEA2000 protocol? I have no idea. Just a thought.

Can you compare the pinouts of the existing harness to the new harness? If they're the same or very similar there's a good chance it will work. Just another thought.

I feel like this is a thing @tek4fun could flush out quickly, but I haven't seen him around here in quite some time.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Crutchfield has a real good return policy. Very tempted to tell the dealer not to mess with it, yet and try it myself. It would still be on backorder in a few weeks if I want to go back that direction.

But, I’ve got some fiberglass stuff being done too. So, I don’t really know when I’ll get the boat back anyway.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just found this one. I was looking at the non nmea earlier.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes its the same i did change it when i had my 2019 242
Thanks! I’m going to tell the dealer to hold off on ordering the Yamaha version then.