• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bypass The Connext Screen For Audio?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@DJMattyT great to meet you the other day can’t wait to see your project progress . From past systems on multiple boats and cars my personal preference for any system is to have access to volume, frequency and fading with immediate adjustments with out going into layers of screens the eq allows this with just a quick glance to grab the knob that needs adjusting. For my use we do a lot of wakeboarding and plan on trying surfing next season. At idle the tunes are on but low once the boarder is pulled up the volume gets bumped then while cruising the play list changes and a song come on that has a crazy amount of bass quick adjustment and it’s cleaned up. Quick adjustments are necessary to eliminate distracted driving especially with pulling someone . Then we could be just relaxing and the tower can be faded down in volume or if sitting on the beach the tower may need more volume and the cabin speakers don’t need to be pushed as hard saving battery capacity the eq allows all of this and then throw in the mic for a good shout out and you have a great party boat.

The Connext does not have a smooth volume control when playing loud the incremental steps are to wide. The volume from low listening level to maxed out seems to be from 60% to 95% Trying to get to the adjustments while driving is to distracting and difficult . I’m not sure how the eq interfaces with the Connext but it seems like it would work to balance out the system.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s the exact unit I’m looking at, that and one controller on the swimplatform. The phone app can adjust the different zones and etc. so I don’t need anything at the helm but my phone
Since its your money go for it, post up pics, and tell us how it worked out.

The volume control will be much smoother than the pa4a because of the larger rca output voltage range. The dsp chip in that unit along will all of the different zone options is very nice. In contrast the JL media master allows you to set up iser defined sound stage profiles so you can quickly switch form a wakboarding profile with the towers at full volume and the cabin at something less to a idle profile where ecerthing is or a party cove profile. @Cambo makes a great point about adusting a specific zone on the fly though. The WS zone controllers make that much easier. An alternative to that would be if you have one amp dedicated to tower speakers the volume control knobs that you can add to many amps would take care of that.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I bought a 2016 242X, I am upgrading all of the speakers and I really wanted to upgrade the stereo as well, the Polk stereo is going to be the weakest part of the setup. My controller on the swimplatform is destroyed from salt water. Even though its covered under warranty this is going to continue to happen. I was thinking of just bypassing all of it and putting in a Fusion unit. Now I know that means I wont be able to control music through the connext screen but the fusion systems are pretty incredible. I could do everything from my cell phone at the helm (zone control, sources and everything) So I was throwing the idea around in my head and wanted to see what others thought.

This is one of the systems I was considering, and just adding 1 remote higher up on the swimplatform
Fusion MS-RA770

Let me know what you guys think?
Did you ever get around to doing this? Just curious how the connext interface went with the Fusion vs the Polk? Do you have to deal with stereo comm errors or did it integrate properly?