• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are your 2017 Travel Plans???

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's Winter, most of us are not boating, so besides 2017 boating adventures, where are you all vacationing or doing fun things this year?

We have a busy schedule this year:

Road Trip to Laughlin, NV this weekend in the Corvette's with my In-Laws.
Two Week Vacation in Hawaii at the end of February.
7 Night Family Cruise to Mexico at the end of April.
2 Day Ron Fellows Corvette Performance Driving School in May.
Taking our Travel Trailer to Lake Havasu to leave for the Summer, May through October.
Annual Lake Powell Trip in August for our Anniversary

That's on our calendar so far this year, it's going to be a blast :)

I'm traveling to school most of the year if that counts. Takes a big chunk out of my year. We have on our radar a West End and maybe 2 Bimini trips. Plus going to NY for the holidays to be with the family. And a few trips to the Springs in Central FL. Trying to cram that in is tough.

Nice list @AZDANSX230HO!

So far, we have:
Orange Beach, AL
Lake Martin, AL
New Orleans Jazz Fest and Tom Petty concert
Bimini
Lake Shelbyville Gathering

That only gets us to August, so I'm sure there'll be more.

We are thinking about trailering up to Long Island Sound from DC in July. I grew up spending my weekends on a 24' Luhrs with my parents and would love to get back out on the water up there and show my kids all of the old stoping grounds.

I am sure there will be more to add as the weather starts to get warmer.

I'm traveling to school most of the year if that counts. Takes a big chunk out of my year. We have on our radar a West End and maybe 2 Bimini trips. Plus going to NY for the holidays to be with the family. And a few trips to the Springs in Central FL. Trying to cram that in is tough.

School is tough, sounds like some good trips, I would love to do the Bimini Trip someday, but the drive is a deal breaker for me.

Nice list @AZDANSX230HO!

So far, we have:
Orange Beach, AL
Lake Martin, AL
New Orleans Jazz Fest and Tom Petty concert
Bimini
Lake Shelbyville Gathering

That only gets us to August, so I'm sure there'll be more.

Nice, that looks a fun year ahead!!

We are thinking about trailering up to Long Island Sound from DC in July. I grew up spending my weekends on a 24' Luhrs with my parents and would love to get back out on the water up there and show my kids all of the old stoping grounds.

I am sure there will be more to add as the weather starts to get warmer.

I have never spent much time on the East Coast, I have seen a lot of beautiful areas watching different shows on TV.

Only thing on the books for us so far is a 7 day stay at an all inclusive in Playa Paraiso, MX. Taking our son who will be 4 months shy of 3 at the time. Trying to come up with more options. Probably will head down to the gulf coast at some point for a long weekend or so. My wife and I used to travel a lot more pre baby life. Trying to get back in to it now he is getting a little older.

Moving to Little Elm Texas sometime between March - May
Weekend Trip down to San Antonio in June
Indianapolis trip in August for DCI Finals (Drum Corp International) - daughter performing with Crossmen Colorguard out of San Antonio
Hope to work in a trip up to Lake Texoma once we get settled and find a few boat friends.
Going to be a quiet year with the move into a new house and all.

Norris Lake over Presidents Day weekend with some friends that have a house down there.
Punta Cana end of March (leaving the little ones at home)
Cabin at the local lake for a few different long weekends over the boating season.
Place holder in August for my birthday... Guys trip somewhere??
NYC with some friends in Dec.

Not a bad year, when you write it all down!

Spring break trip to the Tampa/Clearwater area
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada to visit my mom's birthplace
Trying to squeeze in a visit home sometime soon - Cayman Islands
Plenty of boating weekends all over Florida

Norris Lake over Presidents Day weekend with some friends that have a house down there.
Punta Cana end of March (leaving the little ones at home)
Cabin at the local lake for a few different long weekends over the boating season.
Place holder in August for my birthday... Guys trip somewhere??
NYC with some friends in Dec.

Not a bad year, when you write it all down!

It is crazy when you write it down, I think I should keep an annual log of things we do each year, would be cool to look back at from time to time.

That's a good idea to keep a log of what you do all year. We do a lot of weekend trips through the year, it'd be nice to look back at what all we did. I keep a log of every time I take the boat out: where, how much gas, who was with me, attach a couple of photos taken of that trip.
I do the same for my camper: what campground, how many days, what site we had, what site would I want to request if I ever return to that campground....

cool thread for the slow winter :thumbsup:

Tampa in April with my wife and in-laws, planning to rent a boat
Deadwood, SD in May for a friends wedding
Currently have 7 weekend and long weekend summer boating trips planned all around New York state (camping / cottages)

Taking travel trailer to Lake Shelbyville for the Summer, April thru November so will be there most weekends
Week long stay for July 4th
4 day stay at Silver lake dunes in Michigan with my sister and BIL ( ATV trip )
Of course the Shelbyville gathering

Not much going on this year.

So I misread the beginning of the post and thought this was boat trips only :) Given that revelation, my wife and I have planned a no kids long :thumbsup: weekend to Nashville at the end of March. We are also doing our annual trip to the Outer Banks, NC with family friends and their kids and hopefully a trip to Atlantis in the Bahama's with the In-laws.

For us it will be the usual trips to visit my Mom in the U.P. of Michigan and then In-Laws in Lower Michigan. That's where most of my vacation days get burned up. Oh well - at least the lodging is free.

There will be a couple of college visits thrown in there at some point too. The Eldest is a Junior in High School this year so that stuff is right around the corner for us. Those trips will probably be just one of us with the kiddo though. I can't see taking the whole crew along.

Oh - and of course my multiple all-expense-paid trips to sunny Fostoria Ohio thanks to my Employer. I drive out for that one as well. Flying takes just as long and puts you on someone else's schedule. I'm getting to the point that I'm recognizing new cracks in the road on the Illinois Tollway.

I want to go out west some day but that's likely to be a post-retirement thing. I want to be able to take our time and not feel like we have to hurry back for any reason.

It's funny: We're not big into travel but - due to the distance we are from our families - we spend a ton of time on the road.

For us it will be the usual trips to visit my Mom in the U.P. of Michigan and then In-Laws in Lower Michigan. That's where most of my vacation days get burned up. Oh well - at least the lodging is free.

There will be a couple of college visits thrown in there at some point too. The Eldest is a Junior in High School this year so that stuff is right around the corner for us. Those trips will probably be just one of us with the kiddo though. I can't see taking the whole crew along.

Oh - and of course my multiple all-expense-paid trips to sunny Fostoria Ohio thanks to my Employer. I drive out for that one as well. Flying takes just as long and puts you on someone else's schedule. I'm getting to the point that I'm recognizing new cracks in the road on the Illinois Tollway.

I want to go out west some day but that's likely to be a post-retirement thing. I want to be able to take our time and not feel like we have to hurry back for any reason.

It's funny: We're not big into travel but - due to the distance we are from our families - we spend a ton of time on the road.
Wow... Haven't heard Fostoria in a while. I am from Lima and my mom is from Findlay. Good ole NW Ohio!

This seems like a very narcissistic thread.

That's a good idea to keep a log of what you do all year. We do a lot of weekend trips through the year, it'd be nice to look back at what all we did. I keep a log of every time I take the boat out: where, how much gas, who was with me, attach a couple of photos taken of that trip.
I do the same for my camper: what campground, how many days, what site we had, what site would I want to request if I ever return to that campground....

I am going to start the log, last year we did so much with weekend trips, vacations, etc. it's hard to remember all of it.

Back