• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are your 2017 Travel Plans???

This seems like a very narcissistic thread.

Wow, such a response to people sharing their plans for fun, do you get out much or just type negative things on your computer???

Planned:
Tampa for St pats day at Otoole's (help my brother)
Bimini trip in July
Shelbyville in July/Aug
Turks and Caicos in October/Nov

Work:
San Antonio
San Diego
Boston
Bangalore
Chicago
Dallas
Maybe Nashville.

Planned:
Tampa for St pats day at Otoole's (help my brother)
Bimini trip in July
Shelbyville in July/Aug
Turks and Caicos in October/Nov

Work:
San Antonio
San Diego
Boston
Bangalore
Chicago
Dallas
Maybe Nashville.

That's a lot of traveling and some awesome places to go. :winkingthumbsup"

Following Julian's template (I move around a lot for work too)

Vacation with the boat
May 20th - Cooper River Run with a bunch of Jetboaters!
July 4th - Lake Gaston NC
Spring Break - Outer Banks somewhere
All summer long - EVERY lake near me every weekend and sometimes during the week :)

Work (no boat :()
New York, NY
Stamford, CT
Monroe, LA
LA, CA
ST Louis, MO
Rochester, NY
Dubai, UAE (If they let me in based on politics :))
Nashville, TN
Singapore

Texoma every weekend we can get away.

Planning an Atlantis trip for the Autumn, having relatives over from Australia early in the boating season so will likely do a few days in the Chesapeake Bay....then we will likely do a Florida trip too...

Nothing too great but will have a 3month old in tow, so now traveling as a group of 5!

Wow... Haven't heard Fostoria in a while. I am from Lima and my mom is from Findlay. Good ole NW Ohio!

My grandmother lives in Findlay and my family still owns a house in Ottawa that never gets used lol.

Tampa last weekend for the Pirate Invasion
Vegas end of February
Pittsburgh for hockey game / shithole bewbie bars in March
Cooper river run in May
Abaco in June
Shelbyville in July
Falls/Jordan/Kerr lake gathering TBD
Pittsburgh again for baseball and more shitty bewbie bars in August
6-7 trips to myrtle to visit @robert843 and play on the water scattered throughout the year
At least a couple trips to punta gorda to visit dieselcamel after he moves

Kinda nice to spell it all out actually. I really should use a calendar/planner of sorts so some of these don't just sneak up on me. My wife is off only 1 or 2 weekends a month. Every single one of them we'll be out of town somewhere, usually with jetski's in tow.

My grandmother lives in Findlay and my family still owns a house in Ottawa that never gets used lol.
So I would imagine g ma takes you to
Dietsch ice cream whenever your in town to visit. Ever venture to Lima for a Kewpee hamburger?

So I would imagine g ma takes you to
Dietsch ice cream whenever your in town to visit. Ever venture to Lima for a Kewpee hamburger?

It's been years since I have been to Lima but Ottawa has nothing so used to go there all the time when I lived up there. We still go to Cedar Point every other year it still blows my mind how few people down south even know Cedar Point exists. We do amusement park trips every year and still love cedar point even more then Disney or Universal.

I am going to start the log, last year we did so much with weekend trips, vacations, etc. it's hard to remember all of it.
I use an app called My Wonderful Days journal for my boat trips.
I'm sure there are many out there but I like it.

Desert Storm at Lake Havasu!!! May 4th-7th. @AZDANSX230HO are you going to be there?

@mpbassett44 We are not going to be able to make it this year, we will be on our Cruise from April 29, 2017 - May 06, 2017, will be driving home from Los Angeles on the 7th. Have fun and post up some pics, it's an awesome event!!!

desert_storm_aerial.jpg

I use an app called My Wonderful Days journal for my boat trips.
I'm sure there are many out there but I like it.

I will have to check it out, thanks!

We are thinking about trailering up to Long Island Sound from DC in July. I grew up spending my weekends on a 24' Luhrs with my parents and would love to get back out on the water up there and show my kids all of the old stoping grounds.

I am sure there will be more to add as the weather starts to get warmer.
Hello Fraser,

Where do you plan to launch and boat? Almost all ramps require a town permit to use and day rates are like $30.00 or more. If you do find yourself in the Huntington Bay are visit Northport Harbor as they have a large public (no charge during the day) dock at the foot of their village main street. Pizza, Ice cream and restaurants are less than a block from the dock. I would also suggest launching at Captree State Park ($8.00 launch fee) and exploring Great South Bay. Plenty of things to see: You can anchor on the bay side of Kismet and have lunch the walk over to the ocean beach. I do trailer my boat east and launch at Port of Egypt marine ($30 fee) to explore Peconic Bay: Greenport; Sag Harbor; Shelter Island. Lots to explore there.

Good luck,
Cabbie

Hello Fraser,

Where do you plan to launch and boat? Almost all ramps require a town permit to use and day rates are like $30.00 or more. If you do find yourself in the Huntington Bay are visit Northport Harbor as they have a large public (no charge during the day) dock at the foot of their village main street. Pizza, Ice cream and restaurants are less than a block from the dock. I would also suggest launching at Captree State Park ($8.00 launch fee) and exploring Great South Bay. Plenty of things to see: You can anchor on the bay side of Kismet and have lunch the walk over to the ocean beach. I do trailer my boat east and launch at Port of Egypt marine ($30 fee) to explore Peconic Bay: Greenport; Sag Harbor; Shelter Island. Lots to explore there.

Good luck,
Cabbie

Cabbie,

Thanks for the info. We will actually be launching from the CT side - likely the Niantic River Boat Ramp. From what I can find, its a free ramp but can get pretty busy. It's the closest to where we will be staying though. The other option is to see if the Boatel right there does weekly transient housing. I will have to call and ask. Our plan's will likely be to head over to Fishers Island, Napatree beach and maybe a few other spots. It just depends on how often we can get out and how much the family is willing to travel once out on the water.

Fraser,

The aerial view of Napatree Beach looks very enticing. Looks like a fun place to boat. I might have to take a cruise over from Orient Point to check the place out.

Thanks,
Cabbie

Ambergris Caye - San Pedro - Belize for spring break
Outer Banks in June to visit the in-laws (Yeah for beach, :yuck: for in-laws)
North Wildwood, NJ in July (My folks have rented a place at the Jersey shore for over 40 years) Kids love it, I'd rather be in Destin
Disney in October
Every other weekend, ON THE BOAT!

Fraser,

The aerial view of Napatree Beach looks very enticing. Looks like a fun place to boat. I might have to take a cruise over from Orient Point to check the place out.

Thanks,
Cabbie

@cabbie I haven't been since I was a kid but have a lot of fond memories from taking the boat there with my parents. There is also Sandy Point just to the north and down the beach from Napatree is Watch Hill - there are a few shops and restaurants down there and I think there is still a merry go round for the kids.

Usually all the boats stay on the north side of both Napatree and Sandy Point as they offer protection from the wind/waves. If you are there the week of July 4th, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Last edited:
Deep creek Maryland house is locked in for August. First time and I hear good things.

Jealous of everyone's vacations but we are headed into Lacrosse season so it will be road trips up until end of spring to watch my son. Its like the super bowl x10

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 7.48.02 PM.png

Insert boats here

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 7.48.32 PM.png

Back