• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
New MAGNESIUM anodes.
The stock aluminum ones are killing my pumps and nozzles with corrosion.
Apparently the new boats come with magnesium anodes. And we can't get aluminum or zinc replacements from Yamaha. Go figure.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat thinks I've left her for another since April sucked. Guess I'm gonna have to make it up to her somehow.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat thinks I've left her for another since April sucked. Guess I'm gonna have to make it up to her somehow.
My boat is one faithful mother effer. Didn't touch her for about 5 months. Went there last week and purred right up with the first try

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where I have them installed, I can actually reach them though the access panel between the clean-out plugs. If you put them in the engine bay you have to locate them before the flush line T's in behind each engine. There isn't a lot of room there either. To me it made more sense to put them back by the mufflers.
I heard of this but never understood what and how. Moving forward I will consider doing this on my dual engine AR230 although access to the muffler area is super tight. Just replaced my scupper over the winter and walked away more than once out of frustration. Glad I now down and ready for the season.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please tell us how effective this mod is....?
It made a difference, but not a huge one. I've had someone else drive the boat and I've found most of the sound is coming from the swim deck area.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It made a difference, but not a huge one. I've had someone else drive the boat and I've found most of the sound is coming from the swim deck area.
Thank you, I haven't done what you did but over the winter added "pipe insulation" all around the perimeter of the engine compartment. Rather than the foam, I use the EPDM rubber-based elastomeric material which is flexible, lightweight, and UV resistant. It's 3x the cost of foam but still ~$7 per tube and I used about 3 of them. I'm sure other hand done this before as this was not my original idea but will post picture next time I'm at the storage.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thank you, I haven't done what you did but over the winter added "pipe insulation" all around the perimeter of the engine compartment. Rather than the foam, I use the EPDM rubber-based elastomeric material which is flexible, lightweight, and UV resistant. It's 3x the cost of foam but still ~$7 per tube and I used about 3 of them. I'm sure other hand done this before as this was not my original idea but will post picture next time I'm at the storage.

I saw these at Home Depot but I didn't purchase because I was concerned about the adhesive. How did the adhesive work out?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn’t realize that marine mat and seadek look so much a like. What’s the difference? Name and price only?
I had replaced the original black mat on swim deck with blacktip elite a couple of years ago. The blacktip I have is the slate gray and is a 95% match to the marine mat at jbp. The cockpit mats have a little texture and the older blacktip are smooth. From what I understand marine mat makes blacktip. It looks so good I ordered some optional pads.

Tyler83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Swapped out the wetsounds rev8’s I had on the swim platform for Rockford fosgate M2 8” horns. Very pleased with the results.
2777F39C-1271-4CD4-B3A1-26603498AC5A.jpeg

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw these at Home Depot but I didn't purchase because I was concerned about the adhesive. How did the adhesive work out?
Just put it over the edge and did not used the adhesive due to same concerns. After some time in place is stays in place and doesn't seems to beed to be permanently adhered.