• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

Ajdouts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looked at it sitting in the rain waiting for a sunny day
Me too. This weather sucks right now. I'm getting depressed. Come on summer!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Removed the damaged keel guard, cleaned up the adhesive & prepping for installation of new one
.833D0693-0B12-4C39-B4FF-BE1ABAE948D3.jpeg6E943A41-CC57-4601-A797-6626940CC243.jpeg
17CAD257-9F5B-4106-AC31-10A9FC939195.jpeg
Also replacing the wheel bearings on the trailer. Back side of 2 wheels had grease all over them so that told me the seals were letting water in & letting grease out. Cheap enough to just replace all the bearings & seals & not have to worry about them once done.
A024F3D6-206C-4025-BD80-AEF3B47882D1.jpeg

Skin6061

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made a mount to move the Garmin fish finder screen. Forgot to get a pic of it installed. But the mount goes under the windshield and put the screen just above the dash on the left side of the console. Also took the vhf antenna that the previous owner had, drilled two holes in it and made it a flag pole. I have no need for a vhf antenna in Kansas and after trying to sell it and no interest. A flag pole it became. Also tuned the amps for the stereo. Oh and got a new puppy just in time for lake season. His name is Bruno and he is a border collie

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Removed the damaged keel guard, cleaned up the adhesive & prepping for installation of new one
Looking at your leftover adhesive pic, I'm wondering if that's similar to butyl adhesive. Not sure if you're familiar with the stuff, I wasn't until this past weekend, but it sticks like a mofo, and it's SUPER difficult to remove without the right method and supplies. Might be worth trying, if you haven't already tackled this. Obviously, the steel scrubbing pad might not be the best, but that can be swapped out for something less damaging, perhaps just a towel like in the second video. Dunno, just throwing it out there in case it's useful.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at your leftover adhesive pic, I'm wondering if that's similar to butyl adhesive. Not sure if you're familiar with the stuff, I wasn't until this past weekend, but it sticks like a mofo, and it's SUPER difficult to remove without the right method and supplies. Might be worth trying, if you haven't already tackled this. Obviously, the steel scrubbing pad might not be the best, but that can be swapped out for something less damaging, perhaps just a towel like in the second video. Dunno, just throwing it out there in case it's useful.
Cutting right down the middle of the keel guard with a razor made removing it so much easier then trying to remove it in one piece. The adhesive wasn’t too bad. Used a metal razor scraper to get a majority off. Just made sure to not get into the gel coat too bad, seeing it had to be scuffed up good to install I seen no problem with some scratches from a razor. After the razor I used an eraser wheel on a drill and got the remainder of the adhesive off. Overall it took me maybe an hour to do this job.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've got a 21ft 210 FSH... how long a keel guard you guys using?

bamajer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I filled mine up with gas... That was enough spending on the boat for a few weeks!

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
In case anyone is wondering, I installed iridium plugs towards the end of the season last year. They seemed great for the first few outings, but after only few trips, the engines were difficult to start when hot. I installed OEM LFR6A’s a couple of weeks ago, and now it’s perfect. I didn’t even get 20 hours out of the iridium plugs, so I wouldn’t suggest them unless nothing else is available.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cranked up the tunes while enjoying a cold one in my boat garage/mancave. Gonna hook up the battery charger and hope to take her out at some point this weekend. 20220524_172218.jpg

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Installed the wake wedge from Gantlin. This was very easy... Because I installed the wedge I removed my Thrust Vectors and installed Cobras.

Then I installed Ridesteady GPS speed controller. After being rained on and forced to take a break, it took me about 7 hours. All done today.

Attachments

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Installed the wake wedge from Gantlin. This was very easy... Because I installed the wedge I removed my Thrust Vectors and installed Cobras.

Then I installed Ridesteady GPS speed controller. After being rained on and forced to take a break, it took me about 7 hours. All done today.
I have found mounting the wedge on before launching will save you a lot of hassle rather than trying to install it in the water. You can lose it in the water too if you’re not careful.

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have found mounting the wedge on before launching will save you a lot of hassle rather than trying to install it in the water. You can lose it in the water too if you’re not careful.
It would be easier for sure. I have goofy and reg riders.. i have to swap it in the water at some point :(

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Approved✅️
Have a great time out there! Maybe tie the thing off or make a leash to attach during your transition.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ditched all the 20 year old marine carpet in my storage spaces and refurbed my bulkheads in the consoles and added a little floaty foam to make them better, also put a 2005 vintage NOS Bimini canvas on... the one that ripped was the original that I resewed a couple times.... the material was so thin it just fell apart... oh and a couple of pictures from last nights cruise...

noname (1).jpgnoname (2).jpgnoname (3).jpgnoname (4).jpgnoname (5).jpgnoname (6).jpgnoname (7).jpgnoname (8).jpgnoname (9).jpg

yall_mahaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length

@Mandiime Just an FYI, I believe that you have the small inner fins installed incorrectly. The button head should be on the inside and the nut on the outside to ensure reverse bucket clearance. Otherwise, looking good, that is a lot to tackle in a single day!

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mandiime Just an FYI, I believe that you have the small inner fins installed incorrectly. The button head should be on the inside and the nut on the outside to ensure reverse bucket clearance. Otherwise, looking good, that is a lot to tackle in a single day!
Good looking out. I will switch that today. Thank you

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Would love to hear your constructive comparison on the two different stabilizer fins.

Mandiime

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Would love to hear your constructive comparison on the two different stabilizer fins.
Absolutely, I really loved the way the Thrust Vectors made the boat handle. I'm headed out this weekend. I'll do a short write up for you to go over the difference if any.