• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you pay for your FSH?

ponyboy96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got my 2016 FSH 190 Deluxe at the end of last season. I had no dealer fees, just the MSRP of $30,000 + state tax and tags. Dealer thru in $100 store credit and a flush mount Garmin 74SV with thru hull transducer. Same 4.99% through Yamaha.
That was a good deal. I think mine is a good deal, but not great. I'm going to counter and see what happens.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I found a deal on a leftover 16 190 fsh Sport. $31500 + $393 dealer fees + tax. Good deal or no? Would be $33783 out the door. Financing would be 4.99%. Dealer is 3hrs drive away, so would need to put a 10% deposit (refundable) to hold the boat and get a demo ride. Thoughts?
Seems pretty reasonable. They don't really negotiate like car dealers. I went for the initial 5 year 2.9% financing and put $10k down. He took $500 off MSRP. Taxes are pretty low here compared to other places.
If you like the boat, and you take it, do a thorough pre-delivery inspection. I missed a few things in the bright sun. Kind of washes out the details in the bright light with the white deck. Small smudges and the like. Also, have them do the inspection in their socks or inspection booties. I had black sneaker footprints all over the freshly washed deck when we were done! Explain that to my wife :(
If I had to do over again, I'd look for this:
-Anchor locker drain should go all the way through (look at other posts in this forum about that)
-The pads along the gunwale where you can lean your knees against did not have their screws tightened. Fell out on maiden voyage o_O. Easy fix though...just tighten!
-The wet locker where the clean-out is located leaked water into the bilge. See my post under FSH forum.
-Battery negative ground wire (small wire with a very visible yellow tag that says "MUST BE CONNECTED TO NEGATIVE" was not connected! Wondered why my chartplotter kept turning off :eek:. Easy fix again.

The part about these boats that people tend to like the most is the engine. Yamaha and Honda engines are bullet-proof and easy to work on yourself. The small detail work on the boat body is where Yamaha can drop the ball. You can do almost everything yourself and not have that 3 hour drive to the dealer to worry about.

This forum rocks when in comes to DIY!

Enjoy and send pics when you get it [flag]

ponyboy96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the tips @Grover70 that's definitely some things I've read about. I countered with a really low price that I knew they wouldn't take and they countered back with a lower price. It's getting there on price, but still not where I want to be. Time to counter back and start asking for stuff. Boat cover, safety gear, lifejackets, anchor, etc...

Jason Winn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
just curious what kind of deals and prices people are paying for the 190 FSH? Anything extras worked into the deals? I'm looking at getting a sport model.
I got reall lucky when I bought mine. I was going to buy a sport regardless but my local dealership had a 2016 with 11 hours come in and they were selling it on consignment. He had mounted a trolling motor and added 2 more batteries with plugs and charger. He kept the motor though . He had also added a Garmin 94sv flush mounted in the console. I offered 26,500 and put down a grand as good faith money. He accepted my offer. I called my local credit union and got approved for $400 a month for 6 years. I've added a lot like the JBP edition package, tower speakers, subs. 4 more 6.5"s, amp, 2 bean bags.... I love my boat and am doing the bimini trip this year!

ponyboy96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got reall lucky when I bought mine. I was going to buy a sport regardless but my local dealership had a 2016 with 11 hours come in and they were selling it on consignment. He had mounted a trolling motor and added 2 more batteries with plugs and charger. He kept the motor though . He had also added a Garmin 94sv flush mounted in the console. I offered 26,500 and put down a grand as good faith money. He accepted my offer. I called my local credit union and got approved for $400 a month for 6 years. I've added a lot like the JBP edition package, tower speakers, subs. 4 more 6.5"s, amp, 2 bean bags.... I love my boat and am doing the bimini trip this year!
That's awesome. I didn't get that lucky and ended up going a different direction. I ended up buying a chaparral 21 h2o ski fish with the 150 Yamaha outboard. Demo'd a few boats and that one seemed to drive and handle better than the others. Also very comfy and had plenty of room. Never did get to demo a Yamaha 190 fsh. Everyone sold out of them.