• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Been flying for a living for going on 38 years, 3 years as an flight instructor and charter flying, 10 years flying private company jets and turboprops, and 25 years now with American. 7 to go if I can make it that long without some medical thing taking me out of the game.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lead Industrial Engineer for multiple WMS's (Warehouse Management System).

Specialize in IT systems and Web Development but work directly with ERP and Enterprise shipping systems as well.

watsino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Process Engineer for a major oil company. Chemical Engineer by education.

I've worked on a lot of different process units in a few different refineries making gasoline, jet, diesel, and chemical stocks. Now I mostly work on refinery wide optimization between products and keeping track of yields.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Work on ATM’s and other cash handling machines for major banks

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Principal Systems Admin for a large online travel site.

6wheeldiesel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been flying for a living for going on 38 years, 3 years as an flight instructor and charter flying, 10 years flying private company jets and turboprops, and 25 years now with American. 7 to go if I can make it that long without some medical thing taking me out of the game.
I have had the dream of becoming a pilot since a young age. I retire at 49 (only 13 more years, haha) and, at that point want to fly for fun! My wife thinks im crazy but oh well. I spend alot of time over at our Air Operations unit at work cause I'm nosey. Is that too late in life to become a pilot?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Never too late! But it is one if those skills that must be maintained because like the sea, aviation is terribly unforgiving of complacency or mistakes. So if you choose to learn, plan on budgeting how you plan to remain proficient from the beginning. And them keep on flying!

6wheeldiesel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never too late! But it is one if those skills that must be maintained because like the sea, aviation is terribly unforgiving of complacency or mistakes. So if you choose to learn, plan on budgeting how you plan to remain proficient from the beginning. And them keep on flying!
Sounds good. I will start lessons next January (6 kids going 10 different directions so have to plan ahead!) and go on from there.... Thanks for the advice.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Power Trader for local utility. I buy/sell electricity between utilities and energy marketing companies.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I help manage people's money. I do all the investment analysis, modeling, trading, and support for multiple financial planners, totaling over $100 million in assets.
If I made that kind of money, I would own a big ass cabin cruiser and wakeboard boat :)

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Industrial water treatment industry, work in sales... thus the name waterboy :)

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Flying bus driver. Currently at a regional (only flying for 14 years so far) but my application is in with Mel's airline. I'm hoping this is the year!!

Hey Mel I'll buy you a case of beer if you know anyone in the HR department... Haha jk!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Director of Receiving & Mail Operations for 1 of the NY State University since 97'. And my wife is the Director of Budget for the same university. We were married before we found ourselves working at the same place.
It's been an incredibly great gig. 12 years to go!

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Supervisor of an engineering group for a NASA contractor. Used to be Shift Supervisor of a crew operating a nuclear power plant.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I sell grass.......

No, really.....I sell grass. Family turfgrass farm.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Director of Software Development, Business Intelligence, and Enterprise Collaboration

In plain english, my team works on developing custom applications that automate manual processes, build consolidated data warehouse and reporting/ dashboards, and oversee our global SharePoint implementation. We have team members in several US locations, Costa Rica, and India.