• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you guys think of the new Yamaha Jet Ski?

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dont follow jet skis. How is this one different than previous ones?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its basically the 2020 EX-R rebadged with some new items added like the footwell steps and advanced Trim from the sounds of it.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just saw an add highlighting that they now include an integrated stereo amp and a bolt on factory leisure seating option. Capture.JPG

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ran Seadoo's for a long time back in the late 90's. I ran an HX and a GSX. The HX was only 85 hp but with the design it was a joy to play on. topped out around 50 I believe but it didn't take long to get there. My GSX was like 500 lbs and had 130 hp motor. That was easily a 65-70 mph jetski.

This one is supposed to be about fun but only kicks out 130 hp and it weights about 50-60 lbs more than my GSX. I am guessing the difference between a 2 stroke and 4 stroke motor. Will be interesting to hear about general top speed and things like that.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If the hull design is the same as the 2021 models the hull develops a serious chine walk between 15 and 25 mph the hull sprays water about 10 feet to either the side of it and soaks any one near it and the ride is a really wet rid for the driver, I fixed the chine walk and the water in the face now I need to rectify the water shooting out the side of the ski. On the bright side the 1800 NA engines seem to be very good on fuel with very quick acceleration . Here is one of the videos I put on my cobra jet steering facebook page showing the hull on plane . Log into Facebook

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new JetBlaster uses the Tr1 1.0 engine and tops out at around 110HP and roughly 53 MPH. It's the same as the rest of the Ex line up except it has NanoXcel2 and not SMC like the other EX's.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The new JetBlaster uses the Tr1 1.0 engine and tops out at around 110HP and roughly 53 MPH. It's the same as the rest of the Ex line up except it has NanoXcel2 and not SMC like the other EX's.
it sounds like a direct comparison to Sea Doo's spark lineup. Small engine, and smaller PWC, just meant to be tossed around at an entry level price. Nothing wrong with that though! plenty of people looking for a first jet ski!

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trying to be like the old wave blaster. I used to have a wave blaster it was the most fun thing I had on the water…I think this is cool. I rode a friends seadoo trixx and it was fun just not for me anymore that I’m 40 and fat now. It will probably do well for them.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had one of the Seadoo GTX Limited ski's and at first I loved the power. Then I started putting gas in it. Holy crap what a gas hog. My buddy had a Honda Aquatrax Turbo. He could go twice as far on the same amount of gas and the top speed was roughly the same. Bigger engine is not better in my opi ion on these things. And really, how often are you going to have this thing pinned anyway.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trying to be like the old wave blaster. I used to have a wave blaster it was the most fun thing I had on the water…I think this is cool. I rode a friends seadoo trixx and it was fun just not for me anymore that I’m 40 and fat now. It will probably do well for them.
Exactly, and a good time to release it to compete with the Spark. Spark has been reaching the younger market even though low power.

I was surprised when some of the kids were sitting on the dock asking when I was going to trade in our pair of GP1300r waverunners for new Sparks? And I asked them to stay out of my beer stash, as they were acting like they were drunk!

Our GP's will blow those sparks out of the water in performance. But they see a fun new brightly colored PWC and fell for it. Not knowing, I've been tailwalking a waverunner since the mid 90's since we have trim. Once they started racing the other kids on the lake, they realized they had a Waverunner that could hold it's own with most of the 4-strokes on the lake.

The Wave Blaster and Blaster II were some of the craziest hulls back in the day. Glad to see it come back, as it will strike a nerve with the retro blaster owners.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mike Finnegan had one on his YouTube channel, Finnegan's Garage, this week. It seems pretty cool and a lot of fun to me. He also has a Yamaha Superjet, which is a standup model. He compared the Jet Blaster having the same fun to ride factor except it doesn't feel like it's trying to throw you off like the Superjet. The blaster has a 13 gallon fuel tank so it has a very good range. It also has a trimable nozzle with reverse. If there is a way to have a sound system on it I would certainly give it a strong consideration.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think it looks fun, and kinda dig the 90s color scheme - but I'd prefer a larger ski.

Rdelreal

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
I agree, I had a Blaster and wish I never sold it!!! I loved watching people try to stay upright on it their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (you get the idea) attempts! Hell the first time I got on it I was looking at the cover over the handlebars (which anyone that has owned one knows what I’m talking about) and thinking I had the bars straight but because of the molding over the throttle cable I had it turned. So imagine seeing this IDIOT trying to corkscrew his way to the bottom of the lake!!! I’m teared up right now thinking about it! 😂😂😂

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Had multiple Blasters and stand-ups. By far the best watercrafts. Trying to get my hands on another blaster and sj once prices correct.

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Disappointed. It's just an EX in different trim (which i like btw). Same hull. Same everything. The really wasted the "blaster" name on this... should have been a smaller more nimble craft.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got an email from BoatTest.com where they tested one of these. https://boattest.com/boat/yamaha/jetblaster-2022
Not following jet skis much but the part that intrigued me most about this one is the trim switch.
Trimmable nozzles. Now that's something that could be useful on boats too IMO.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have 2 the trim is practically useless I adjusted mine up a lot and I still had to build a splash guard to keep the water from spraying me in the face on every small wave, the hull shoots the water out the side so far it looks like it has wings and is flying on the water , I had to make secret mods to the ride plates to remove the chine walk around 25 mph it got real bad, And I just received some recall notices about the filler tubes for the fuel tanks breaking IF YOU PUSH THE NOZZLE IN TOO HARD AT THE PUMP, guess we will be seeing p w c's exploding soon. The fuel consumption is really a lot better than the last 2 I had same engines and pumps . The handle bar grips are finally comfortable . And the reverse is pretty nice Me testing out the extreme handling capabilities of the new 2021 FX HO skies testing the extreme handling capabilities of my new 2021 fx ho skies and driving while standing on the seat including turning the handle bars from the top of the seat

Last edited: