• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the range of a new SX190 running at a slow speed

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 240/242 connext shows the % fuel - that is nonlinear/not accurate - and the gallons used, per each engine and together - that is accurate.
Random pic, not mine. I always reset the gauge when refueling - push and hold reset in the screen for 3+ sec.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what mine shows. It also shows current GPH, total gallons and total miles.

Percentage was at 48% when I filled up and it took right at 20 gallons to fill up. It also immediately went back to 100% without me having to reset anything.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The picture would help...A909E6D3-FDC7-415C-A54B-C22971437B36.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the 2019 I have the Connext screen which show the percentage, is that what you a referring to being spot on?

I have only had to fill up once so far and it took exactly what I estimated based on that percentage, so I am assuming it is pretty close to accurate.
Will be interesting to see if the gauge readings are linear int he 2019 190s. Looks like the fuel sender part is different for the 2019 190 vs. the older 190s and 240s which use the same part. The position of the sender may also make a difference, especially with the larger tank in the 2019 190. The sender is located further aft int he 240s, in general, which may account for at least some of the on/off plane behavior.

--

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have filled mine 4 times so far. Its been cold in charlotte but finally i have a use for my winter jacket. My guage is always accurate as well. When i stop for gas i always know exactly how much it will take.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds good. Thanks for the detail. That is the area around Cayo Costa and back to Saint James City area which would be less. I was thinking it would be fun to run along the coast and go down to the 10,000 islands area. Would have to stop along the way for some fuel but there plenty of places looks like. I wonder if anyone has made that trip all on the water staying close to the shore and could pull in and camp along the way. I know there are picnic sites you can get a ticket to stay at them in the everglades area off the net. Would be a cool trip.
Exploring along the coast would fun.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is good to hear and what is the fuel tank size on the 2019 model.

Chucksx190

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have to have someone with a 2019 look at the fuel tank lable. Is anyone willing to pull the hatch on there 19 to look at the lable?

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't venture out much last year tracking fuel usage. In the Delaware river between 5700-6300 was a pretty sweet running spot going with the current. 65-6800 if running against the current would get some pretty good fuel economy.