• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is wrong with my wake surf setup?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nearly 300lbs worth of riders in this picture from last weekend. Setup was 500 in the locker, 750 on surf side deck, wakebooster, 10.5mph, three adults on board.
View attachment 157614
2fer...awesome. I dont think i have the agility for that...lol and i got good balance too.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
2fer...awesome. I dont think i have the agility for that...lol and i got good balance too.
It’s easier than you think it would be!

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You need more ballast. First fill the bag on the swim platform to its max. Then add 750 under the surf side rear bench seat. Add another 200-300 in the bow. If you don’t have many passengers maybe another 400 on the floor. You need at least 2000lbs of ballast and people.
I know this is a semi old post, but mine doesn't require even close to that much ballast.

I have a 2009 212x and don't fill any of the on board ballast. We stick the fatsac like what the OP has on the surf side and fill it on a timer for 5 minutes, which only gets it about half full. In fact, if I fill the onboard ballasts AND the fatsac, my boat won't even hold 8mph because its so heavy. The only people that go are my wife and me, so there is virtually no human ballast. I set the perfect pass for 10mph and go. And we are ropeless without issue on a Coaster surfboard. When my wife goes, she goes without the homemade wake shaper. I use it for myself and it cleans up the wake big time.

I've got videos too, plenty of pull.

I attached a video link too. This was last year before I had the fatsac, wake shaper or the perfect pass. So the only thing on the boat is my wife and the factory ballast. No additional weight. Dirty wave, but it pulls fine.

Attachments

Last edited: