• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What kind of tubing would you use to replace your inflator hose?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to find a product to replace the hose on my Airhead inflator with a longer hose.

What type of hose would you recommend?

Flexible, light weight and around 3/4" diameter would be ideal.

Airhead.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I looked up hose for inflatable boats. Not as cheap as others I found but they are only 5-6' long. Bravo Pump Replacement Hose, Sold By the Foot

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @zipper.

I suspect that those hoses are flexible PVC. That may be the best option since it is light weight and retains inner diameter through bends.

3/4 water hose seems like it could be good option as well.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I found a dishwasher drain hose at Lowes that I was able to use on mine. I don't recall the diameter but it's about 8 feet long and was able to modify it using the plastic tips from original hose so it can attach to pump.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to find a product to replace the hose on my Airhead inflator with a longer hose.

What type of hose would you recommend?

Flexible, light weight and around 3/4" diameter would be ideal.

View attachment 133808
bruce please let us know what you get. My hose on that exact same pump broke last weekend!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tabbibus, Airhead sells a replacement but it is sold out.

I believe this is the same hose. Mercury 889348 - HOSE-AIR PUMP | Boats.net

You likely can find a 3/4" or 7/8" dishwasher hose that will fit at a hardware store for a similar price to what is above.

I plan to install the pump in the bilge over the winter and hope to find a nicer hose to use next year.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@tabbibus, Airhead sells a replacement but it is sold out.

I believe this is the same hose. Mercury 889348 - HOSE-AIR PUMP | Boats.net

You likely can find a 3/4" or 7/8" dishwasher hose that will fit at a hardware store for a similar price to what is above.

I plan to install the pump in the bilge over the winter and hope to find a nicer hose to use next year.
I’ve got pics and a parts list in the doc in my signature. I’m just using some kind of clear plastic hose I found at the local farm store.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hardware stores usually have sections of bulk hose, back by the plumbing. If you take in the existing hose I bet you can find something suitable and in whatever length you want (they usually cut it to your desired length).