• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What !!!! Straight line surfing !!!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shelbyvile is only 30 something days away ,

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's half the summer dude. Be a team player will ya.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the deal guys this is a going to be a patented product that we are going to sell. We have a lot of R&D and time into and we don't want anyone to want units before we have all of the bugs worked out. We are just getting all of our ducks in a row

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ummmmm? Shelbyville??? The END OF JULY.....

You think MAYBE... Some of your friends on the forum here Might want too
WakeSurf before the 2nd Half of an already too short summer??

Please just tell them your Ballast Placement and System... So they can enjoy your creation BEFORE the end of summer...as if would take them at least a few weeks to order bags , pumps and get it tested to use...

Geezzeeee you'd think YOU WERE YAMAHA unveiling a new Top secret boat....

Rant over
Shelbyvile is only 30 something days away ,

Shelbyvile is only 30 something days away
^^^^ What is your Point? or THE point of NOT sharing something that your Fellow Jet Boaters might be able to USE NOW?

If you are planning to develop and Sell the Product, I get it...no problem...
But if this is a Tip that the rest of the Forum could use now, maybe you could just post it...
We struggle to get a SURF-ABLE wave in our Yammie, if you have the keys to help change that for others, hand them over.
Surfing is one of the best Family and friend activities on the Water right now....

The other Forum I am on (MasterCraft) everyone post any new ideas or successes they have with Ballast on individual boats.
There is no withholding what others could benefit from right now...

This site/Forum is known for that ethic and more...

Again, if this is something you hoping to Sell/Market, no problem, totally understand.....but if not, then out with it...

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^^^
Got it....I thought so..
no problem.

So this Thread is now a SALES ADD and PITCH

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ummmmm? Shelbyville??? The END OF JULY.....

You think MAYBE... Some of your friends on the forum here Might want too
WakeSurf before the 2nd Half of an already too short summer??

Please just tell them your Ballast Placement and System... So they can enjoy your creation BEFORE the end of summer...as if would take them at least a few weeks to order bags , pumps and get it tested to use...

Geezzeeee you'd think YOU WERE YAMAHA unveiling a new Top secret boat....

Rant over

Shelbyvile is only 30 something days away
^^^^ What is your Point? or THE point of NOT sharing something that your Fellow Jet Boaters might be able to USE NOW?

If you are planning to develop and Sell the Product, I get it...no problem...
But if this is a Tip that the rest of the Forum could use now, maybe you could just post it...
We struggle to get a SURF-ABLE wave in our Yammie, if you have the keys to help change that for others, hand them over.
Surfing is one of the best Family and friend activities on the Water right now....

The other Forum I am on (MasterCraft) everyone post any new ideas or successes they have with Ballast on individual boats.
There is no withholding what others could benefit from right now...

This site/Forum is known for that ethic and more...

Again, if this is something you hoping to Sell/Market, no problem, totally understand.....but if not, then out with it...
Sorry, I apologize if I have upset anyone. Not trying to do a sales pitch, just wanted to put some pics up to get feedback on how the wave was from other yammi owners.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the deal guys this is a going to be a patented product that we are going to sell. We have a lot of R&D and time into and we don't want anyone to want units before we have all of the bugs worked out. We are just getting all of our ducks in a row
shouldn't this be in the vendor section since your going to sell them ?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
shouldn't this be in the vendor section since your going to sell them ?
^^^ Noted.

I'm sure this was done in innocence, and not to be deviant.
But it is what it is.

Can't wait to see the product though!!! lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This wasn't a sells pitch. We do all of the R&D and we are supposed to just hand over something that we thought of and had the ability to make happen...I think not. Would you want Jeff from Cobra jet streering to just give you his idea for fins? Now yes we will create a thread in the Vendor section WHEN WE GET THE BUGS worked out. The intent of this thread was to get everyones reaction to this game changer for Yamaha jetboats. The thing we are working on will turn your jetboat, if desired, into a straightline surfing machine without spending 130,00+ for an inboard boat. It will still require ballast but in different spots. Not what we are used too. I hope that we didn't piss anyone of, because that was not what we wanted to happen. We want the same things that you guys do....to be able to surf with friends and family. Can you guys still surf.....yes. Now that you have seen that our boats can go in a straight line you want to do it and we get that but it will not happen over night for us. Trust us it is coming.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok guys here is the trick , What we did was ---------Wait ,me and Jerry decided to wait and unveil our tricks at the gathering in shelbyvile !!! Something to look forward to !!! Sorry guys and galls you just have to wait :)
x2. . . most of us won't be at Shelbyville. I'd like to get surfing over the 4th!
X3...Such a tease! Spill the beans on the setup for us pukes trying to learn...please???

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BravoMike read above we did spill the beans...lol we had to...we felt like a lynch mob was coming after us.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
JC, at nearly 1000 post , I don't think anyone here doubts your commitment to the Site, and the Water.
Hit us back when you are dialed in, and ready to launch!!
Cheers
Larry

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This wasn't a sells pitch. We do all of the R&D and we are supposed to just hand over something that we thought of and had the ability to make happen...I think not. Would you want Jeff from Cobra jet streering to just give you his idea for fins? Now yes we will create a thread in the Vendor section WHEN WE GET THE BUGS worked out. The intent of this thread was to get everyones reaction to this game changer for Yamaha jetboats. The thing we are working on will turn your jetboat, if desired, into a straightline surfing machine without spending 130,00+ for an inboard boat. It will still require ballast but in different spots. Not what we are used too. I hope that we didn't piss anyone of, because that was not what we wanted to happen. We want the same things that you guys do....to be able to surf with friends and family. Can you guys still surf.....yes. Now that you have seen that our boats can go in a straight line you want to do it and we get that but it will not happen over night for us. Trust us it is coming.
Sorry, made previous post before seeing this one. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and would be interested in the investment.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
JC, at nearly 1000 post , I don't think anyone here doubts your commitment to the Site, and the Water.
Hit us back when you are dialed in, and ready to launch!!
Cheers
Larry

Thank you Sir I and Mark both appreciate it.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't blame people if you ruffled some feathers guys. Everybody is cool with you benefiting from your labor and ingenuity. It's just on a forum where everybody shares and it was not noted this was a commercial product, the expectation was set (intentionally or not) you were going to tell people how you did it. Wish you luck otherwise.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't blame people if you ruffled some feathers guys. Everybody is cool with you benefiting from your labor and ingenuity. It's just on a forum where everybody shares and it was not noted this was a commercial product, the expectation was set (intentionally or not) you were going to tell people how you did it. Wish you luck otherwise.
Exactly.

Luckily, I am a fan of free market capitalism (and I'm lazy so I would really like to just buy a kit to install instead of have to procure and build one). . . . otherwise, I might be tying that noose knot.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish you guys much luck with your endeavor. Did you know that currently, the average patent application pendency is 24.6 months. Applications received in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office are numbered in sequential order and the applicant will be informed within eight weeks of the application number and official filing date if filed in paper. If filed electronically, the application number is available within minutes.

We have a number of patents pending here at the ranch....I suggest you consider filing and moving forward with a "Patent Pending" status. I don't think the guys here will be patient enough to go two years!

A provisional patent application is a quick and relatively inexpensive way to declare an invention as your own. When you submit a provisional patent application to the United States Patent Office (USPTO), you establish what you have invented as well as a filing date. Filing dates are important in patent law because it establishes who created a particular invention first, and subsequently, who has rights to that invention.

Again, Good luck!

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surfing straight with 550 in front on floor, 550 under rear seat, 350 on rear seat and 350 on rear deck, all about 80% full with no issues as posted in my video last week.......

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surfing straight with 550 in front on floor, 550 under rear seat, 350 on rear seat and 350 on rear deck, all about 80% full with no issues as posted in my video last week.......
Sweet , I missed your vid where is it ?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never mind I found it :) man I want to surf with you guys looks like your having a blast !!!