• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What !!!! Straight line surfing !!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was our first time out this year real surfing. Last guy in videos first day to ever try it. Need to clean the wave up a little still. Hard to get a the non surfers to understand once it's right, don't move! Haha.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was our first time out this year real surfing. Last guy in videos first day to ever try it. Need to clean the wave up a little still. Hard to get a the non surfers to understand once it's right, don't move! Haha.
Yea that is what we are proud of , is we finally got a clean wave with a long pocket !!!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get how the idea might have evolved from an idea to a product and caused the change in direction. I am going to reserve judgement until I see the product and pricing. If it is like Jeremy's tow point light kit nobody will be able to complain.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good for you, solving a problem and finding a way to make everyone's lives easier. No reason that you shouldn't benefit from it, especially if there's a large amount of time and money invested to develop it. If it's that good of an idea (based on the wave videos, it should be) it'll be worth the wait to develop properly and have a good product. I'm sure you have no shortage of volunteers for testing.

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
this is interesting. your obviously bolting something to the boat to achieve this. Whats the down side? Does it work on both sides? How hard will the install be for a regular joe? How will the product be attached? Does it affect normal operation of the boat? Consume more gas? Interested to find out!

Last edited:

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The thing we are working on will turn your jetboat, if desired, into a straightline surfing machine without spending 130,00+ for an inboard boat.
HA! what kind of inboard boats are you looking at?!?! 130K + !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The kind I can't afford...lol

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have always thought that taking the transom ladder off the boat and putting some kind of adjustable fin bolted to the same location sticking down between the two jets to push the wake to one side more (like the Surf Gate on the Malibu but in the center of the boat) would help shape the wake a lot and take some of the wash out of it too. Just my thought but I'm looking forward to seeing how they did this.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
HA! what kind of inboard boats are you looking at?!?! 130K + !

My comment above meant no disrespect to the inboard boats. They have an absolute dream of a wave. But I am a middle class hard working individual that wants the best surf wake that I can get with what I have. I am sure i am not the only one. We had a dream and turned it into reality. There had been a lot of hate and appreciation ,both, in this thread.

This is to everyone:

So think of this before you get bent out of shape, if we as Americans didn't act on the ideas that we came up with, how have we came so far in life???

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to wish you both great success with whatever you have. I know you both have been working hard with different strategy s in play and glad you found a winning ticket. Good luck to both of you and the better halves for putting up with it. (Lol)

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My comment above meant no disrespect to the inboard boats. They have an absolute dream of a wave. But I am a middle class hard working individual that wants the best surf wake that I can get with what I have. I am sure i am not the only one. We had a dream and turned it into reality. There had been a lot of hate and appreciation ,both, in this thread.

This is to everyone:

So think of this before you get bent out of shape, if we as Americans didn't act on the ideas that we came up with, how have we came so far in life???
I"m just bustin your balls man! ;) There are inboards for well below 130 k though.. Your talking top of the line G23 stuff there.

I"m excited to see what you boys came up with!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to wish you both great success with whatever you have. I know you both have been working hard with different strategy s in play and glad you found a winning ticket. Good luck to both of you and the better halves for putting up with it. (Lol)

That ain't no lie there, both of our better halves are VERY understanding women!!! We are lucky to have them.

@jcyamahariders wife
@SX210Owner's Wife

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so in the mean time what is the harm in guessing what they are doing. We all have boats and I am willing to try any thing that is relatively safe. This weekend I am going to try using a drift anchor to draw down the transom of my boat and see if that does anything for us

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is to everyone:

You shifted gears. Expectations were set and not met and people called you out on it. Do what is right for you but keep it positive and don't waste time defending a mistake...just move on. I am hoping you take the advice on going ahead with the patent pending status so we can see this thing.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You shifted gears. Expectations were set and not met and people called you out on it. Do what is right for you but keep it positive and don't waste time defending a mistake...just move on. I am hoping you take the advice on going ahead with the patent pending status so we can see this thing.

How were expectations set and not meet? Where is the mistake????.......We are testing a successful product......we are moving forward with a patent pending status which is /has been the plan the whole time even before we even posted it here. The only reason the product came to light on the forum is because members were getting angry because we were shedding no light, give you guys a glimmer and now it is a mistake....you are entitled to your own opinion, I just don't see where the " Mistake" is.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Better yet @davel501 I would love and be honered to have you accompany me on my boat at Shelbyville so you can see first hand what our product is capable of. More testing will be done over the 4th so we are taking notes and saving our set-ups so we know what to do and what not to do. It is a whole new ball game fellas/gals.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some one should drive by this guys house and take pictures of the back of his boat, might answer some question.

Kidding, Kinda, attempt at humor.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length