• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What !!!! Straight line surfing !!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
:winkingthumbsup"

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will share we just want it 100% dialed in :) so there is no bad info floating around ,
This is what I was referring to. People get worked up over on the internet because everywhere you turn it is a scam. The shift from cool finding to be shared to future product was abrupt. I do not think I was in the hater camp but I could see why they were razzing you.

Better yet @davel501 I would love and be honered to have you accompany me on my boat at Shelbyville so you can see first hand what our product is capable of. More testing will be done over the 4th so we are taking notes and saving our set-ups so we know what to do and what not to do. It is a whole new ball game fellas/gals.
Nicely done sir.

I would love to do this but can't make it. I do have 1 year left on my wake surf build....next year is ballast so we will probably be talking this winter. Like I said, you do what is right for you - do not let me or this board run your business, but if you want some insight into the priorities of a potential buyer then here goes:

1. Draft - I have problems with draft and bridge clearance
2. Fuel Economy - I can give up some fuel economy but I like to cruise a bit too so being able to remove or disable the wake enhancement would be good
3. Rough Water Handling - I live on the busiest inland waterway in the world and even in a 24' boat it gets nasty. If this improves rough water handling then that is a big plus.
4. Value - I wet slip so I need something durable if it is permanent and I do not want to pay $150 for something that seems like it cost $15 to make. I am thinking 3 bags (left and right rear + ski locker) and 3 pumps and if you can come up with a way where I do not have to move my fresh water tank even better. I am planning on allocating $1000-1500 to this phase of the project and would love to just buy it as a bundle from a single source.
5. I have halogen through hull lights on my transom. Not sure if that makes a difference with your design.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some one should drive by this guys house and take pictures of the back of his boat, might answer some question.

Kidding, Kinda, attempt at humor.

Just went out and snapped a pic for everyone.

20140626_213338.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll issue my guess.... Other than carefully placed ballast fore, mid and aft there is some sort of deflector installed to deflect the port thrust away from the surf area.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@davel501 forgive us for being over excited and the invitation is open to you any time to go surfing or just any get together. I always enjoy meeting new people and have yet to find a Yamaha boat owner that didn't feel like I knew them for a long time. Strange how that works.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't get over how clean those jet pumps are.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now I get it....they are driving the boat with the trailer attached! That is what makes for a great wake! :)
Awe man you figured it out !!!!!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@davel501 forgive us for being over excited and the invitation is open to you any time to go surfing or just any get together. I always enjoy meeting new people and have yet to find a Yamaha boat owner that didn't feel like I knew them for a long time. Strange how that works.
I may have to take you up on the invitation.

I was not giving you a hard time about getting over excited, I was giving you a hard time for not seeing it and going off on the people giving you a hard time. I try to put myself in everyone else's shoes and figure you guys are in "Everything is Awesome" mode while the folks that gave you a hard time were having a "Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine" moment.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great picture.

Can you turn the nozzles strait (center them) and open the neutral gates?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ballast and A new wake shaping Thingy.
That would be nice.
Sell all that for $1500.00
U got yourself a Business

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I surfed your wake last year it nearly pushed me on to the swim platform. Can't wait to see your latest.
Buck , it's way way better now !!!! You'll like it !!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great picture.

Can you turn the nozzles strait (center them) and open the neutral gates?

I had to crash on you guys last night. I can snap a picture when I get home like that? Heck I will even put the date and on a piece of paper for you. ..lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is hard to keep this a secret from the people that we post with everyday and even our closer jet boat friends that we boat with nearly every weekend, but it has to be handle like this. Little over 30 days to Shelbyville!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm truly excited like everyone else. Patiently waiting....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is that other picture that was requested. Loading the boat up for a Sunday testing.

20140627_184046.jpg

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The comedy....