• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What !!!! Straight line surfing !!!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sx210owner -- Extra Ballast does not always count as a Partnership. Friends?, yes, profit sharing? no so much.

LOL :)
It was my idea , I've been working on this project for 1 1/2 years :) so I think I had some right to the profit sharing , me and jerry are in this 50/50

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^^ LOL....and you did post the Video 1st....thats got to count for something??

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL.....Mark and I are 50/50 in this project, without either one of us ( or some beer drinking ) this idea would have never came to surface and actually become reality. I am sure it might have eventually happened but not in the manner that Mark and I have designed it. I am just thankful for everything that has happened and hope it all turns out the way that we would like.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you guys are knocking the ball out of the park. I can't believe the pictures and videos of your waves. I don't even surf and I can't wait to see the unveiling.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny, I do not care how it works or what it looks like anymore. I just want to go ropeless on that wave next summer. :)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I spent the weekend surfing my frothy sloppy wake. Can't wait to see what you guys got.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure...a great wave is one thing. But does this new approach impact the "surf hassle:fun" ratio? The hassle and perceived safety factor of putting 3000 lbs of water bags in all my storage compartments and in the floor of the boat has just quite frankly kept me away from the surfing idea altogether. Plus the cost of the bags and some kind of pump system... I just cannot imagine lugging more crap on the boat. :)

So, do I interpret this thread correctly that this is probably at least some relief from this burden with a new method altogether? Or is this just the same basic approach, same hassle with a little "put more in this sack than the other" kind of tuning?

If it really lowers the surf hassle factor AND creates an awesome wave, then I am very interested. But if it's just about the wave, then I will simply have to get over the hassle/fun ratio before I buy in to surfing. I am not sure a better wave moves the needle for me...

Anyway...I will try surfing behind someone's boat someday to see if I get hooked. The family fun concept is starting to appeal over tubing/wakeboarding/skiiing...

Watching...and appreciating your hard work and innovation nonetheless! Good luck!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry I read this thread. I'll be interested when something interesting is shared.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All questions will be answered in about a month in shelbyvile

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sure...a great wave is one thing. But does this new approach impact the "surf hassle:fun" ratio? The hassle and perceived safety factor of putting 3000 lbs of water bags in all my storage compartments and in the floor of the boat has just quite frankly kept me away from the surfing idea altogether. Plus the cost of the bags and some kind of pump system... I just cannot imagine lugging more crap on the boat. :)

So, do I interpret this thread correctly that this is probably at least some relief from this burden with a new method altogether? Or is this just the same basic approach, same hassle with a little "put more in this sack than the other" kind of tuning?

If it really lowers the surf hassle factor AND creates an awesome wave, then I am very interested. But if it's just about the wave, then I will simply have to get over the hassle/fun ratio before I buy in to surfing. I am not sure a better wave moves the needle for me...

Anyway...I will try surfing behind someone's boat someday to see if I get hooked. The family fun concept is starting to appeal over tubing/wakeboarding/skiiing...

Watching...and appreciating your hard work and innovation nonetheless! Good luck!

I can't Speak for JC/SX210... but.....
You DO need a GOOD bit of Ballasts in ANY BOAT to Surf if you are over 150 lbs,
1700-2000 Full at the Time of Port or Starboard Rider is Active.
This Means you need a Potential Ballast system of 2300-3000 TOTAL in your Boat (not always FULL just available)

Even if YOU HAVE a Surf System (Tabs, Wake Plates, Whatever..) the weight is still critical to displace water..

We have a MC-X30 with a Surf System (3-Tabs) It came with 3 Hard Tanks - 1000lbs approx- that are hidden down in the Hull. (no storage compromised.
PLUS we ADDED 2- 750 Bags and PUMPS in the BACK left and Right storage (next to engine bay L-R)
at 2500 lbs of Ballast(approx) we still have close to the same storage as our 242LS did (minus the 242 Head which we kept empty most of the time)

It still need MORE ballast (we have 500lbs of lead sacs on hand) to be bad ass...

Storage, vs bags, WAS a big deal in our 242 to Surf.....
And to Surf behind a 242 with 1800 lbs ... I let go 1 Time for 1 minute... (beginner)
Most pics I see of people SURFING behind a Yamaha, they simply staying on the Wave.
JC/210s Wave looks like you can actual Ride up and Down on it... NICE

I believe these guys are working to be as Stealth as Possible with the Ballast..but the WILL consume space somewhere ..as all Ballasts do.

I think I saw JC had some cool custom bags made over the Winter that maximized the area available ...?

The Trick here is Making it Easy for the Captain to work the System, without having Bags VISIBLE to the Crew (WIFE).

Finally- a Wake manipulation device may be in the Cards and THAT....is where the $$$ is...

From what I see in the PICs, this system works great. Its what the Boat Looks like INSIDE that everyone is now interested in.
This system needs to be sold to the Whole Family...not just the Surfer...
If you are Single ...this is a slam Dunk no matter what...

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@lasburn1-Dang it! You got me thinking again!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am using the standard 400 pound fly high sacs in the back beside the engine bay and I still have room for my storage. I could use my cabin storage compartments as normal if I didn't have 2 subs ( one on each side ) but that is just preference to me. I also have one bag under the bow port side to get nose weight, but it is also hidden. The only sac that I have out when I have people on board is the 750 pound fat sac sitting on the seat, and we use that as a seat as well. That is actually the favorite place for people to sit. Very comfy!! When it is a light load of people ( just the Wife, kids, and myself) I might have one more 550 bag out but a very easy system to put up with. If you are surfing or want to surf you must commit and atleast acknowledge that there is going to be a little bit of work that is going to be done. All in all a very fun sport that I got addicted to the first time I did it.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
"you are surfing or want to surf you must commit and atleast acknowledge that there is going to be a little bit of work that is going to be done. "

That goes for most Boats that wish to Surf.
Even those with "turnkey" Surf systems are still playing with lead and ballast around her Boat to get the optimal weight.and Wave

I should note – my 12-year-old daughter can surf behind Our Mastercraft with no ballast whatsoever just using the Surf tabs.

180 pound Larry, not so much

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All questions will be answered in about a month in shelbyvile
So... uhm... BUMP! for those of us who weren't able to go to the Shelbyville event :).

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider is putting together a tread :)

<edited by admin to fix tag from # to @>

Last edited by a moderator:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:). I need an emoticon that shows me anxiously awaiting this by mashing the F5/page refresh button ;-).