• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What thing do other boaters do that annoy you?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well Apparently I asked the wrong question last time what things do other boaters do that annoy you?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Passing in a no wake zone
Creating huge wake in a no wake zone
Not understanding rules on the waterways

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pontoons anchor/drift right in the middle of the channel, cove, etc!!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not knowing which vessel is stand-on and which is give-way, and then cussing me when they cut me off thinking I'm the idiot.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I give people grace at the ramp. I get it, I have been there. BUT... when what they are doing transcends any common sense, that annoys me. Last weekend it was the guy that decides to swap his prop out and consume a lane on a two lane ramp. He could have easily moved the boat over to the open water side... but no. He hangs there, with both props on the dock, and decides to toss his pitbull on the water instead and play around with it for awhile while we all wait. What the heck man?!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This happened to me last weekend. I even went back to research what I thought was to be true.

Not knowing which vessel is stand-on and which is give-way, and then cussing me when they cut me off thinking I'm the idiot.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
A caravan of rental PWC's passing within 30' from my boat when I am fishing outside the channel in open water. It happened twice. The guide "dude" was clueless that he was being inconsiderate as each renter followed his lead.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with above. Not knowing the "Right of Way" rules of boating. Many States now have a "Drivers Ed." course/test before you can drive a boat, but many have been Grandfathered in and don't know what they are doing. Or don't care because their boat is bigger than yours and you can get out of their way.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
When boaters are in the wrong lane and are clueless about it so you actually have to pass on the left.
Good point. I wonder if they know RRR?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good point. I wonder if they know RRR?
Not sure but it would help if they followed that concept. It’s bad enough to deal with it during the day but an encounter in the dark is nerve racking.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
A boat full of guys...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My number one pet peeve is tube guy who has plenty of great large cove options chooses the only good cove option for ski/board guy. Why oh why would they want their tubers going over these wakes to begin with? Believe it or not most WakeSurf guys know they are throwing a large wake and try to find a cove without many homes/docks to do this while playing loud music. For all the folks who complain about ski/board guy have you stopped to think that they are all in the same area for a reason and that there are plenty of other even better options for what you are trying to do on the same lake? Of course there is always the boat of young obnoxious surf jerks that want to show off everywhere they go on the entire lake. They are my second pet peeve and they give the respectful ones like me a bad name. Same kind of thing for jet skiers many are just out there staying to them selves and being respectful of others. There are always some that decide to rip it full throttle in no wake zones near the dock or jump your wake where you are towing someone.

Boat ramp and navigation idiots have already been covered. Lastly if I am floating alone somewhere with no fenders out and you don't know me then no I don't want to tie up and don't want to be bothered. If my fenders are out or I wave you in come on over. The number of folks who don't know that amaze me.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loading/Unloading on the ramp. Do that somewhere else.

#1 most hated thing I see........and this is from mostly non-boaters.......People parking a single vehicle in the boat/trailer parking spots. WTF people? There is a regular car parking lot 150ft away, just drive a little further and take a few more steps. Good grief I hate that.

I'll add in people who can't get thier truck/trailer inline with the parking spot. Turns a single spot parking job into a 3 space parking job because nobody can park on either side of you. Back out and try it again if you didn't hit it right the first time!

Big wakes in a no wake zone has already been covered. I'll throw in getting to close to me when I have a skier down, or when I towing a watersports person in general. Give us some space! It's a GIANT lake, not gonna hurt you to move 50ft away to make sure my skier doesn't take a fall right in front of you!