• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What thing do other boaters do that annoy you?

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Issues at the ramp are my number one issue. But I don't expect the average person to ever consider someone else's time and patience, now that we have a lake house with our boat parked on a lift, we'll only have to deal with those people twice a year, and we will go out of our way to avoid any busy weekends or times, so this really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Next up, out on the water, people getting what appears to be too close to us, whether we're parked in a bay, skiing, etc. Although, I will chalk this one up to both parties having difficult time perceiving distances when you're out on the open water. So they think they are farther away than they actually are, and I think they are closer than they actually are.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
How about this one. I was getting into my car to pull out of the water with boat in tow when a woman pulls her truck and boat sideways across the two lane ramp blocking me so she could unload all their stuff on the ramp. I had to wait for her fat a$$ to move her rig. I was livid.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How about this one. I was getting into my car to pull out of the water with boat in tow when a woman pulls her truck and boat sideways across the two lane ramp blocking me so she could unload all their stuff on the ramp. I had to wait for her fat a&& to move her rig. I was livid.
Been there done that!

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll speak for my wife on this one as well. Our routine involves me backing the boat in until the stern is about even with the lake, she jumps in the driver seat, I jump in the boat. When we pick up the boat, she retrieves the truck, backs it in, and I drive the boat up the trailer. At least 4-5 times a year, some guy would either try to give her advice or offer to do it for her. Nothing annoys her more!

That being said, she can now weave that trailer through any number of obstacles without an issue. Two Labor Day's ago, we had a pair of jet skis, where only one of four people could do anything on one side of a ramp, the old couple who likes to tidy up the boat as soon as they pull it 2 feet out of the water on another ramp, and another boat parking on the ramp, holding the boat, while someone retrieves the trailer. She somehow weaves here way down the ramp, with the trailer at an angle because of the boat being held on the ramp. I drive the boat up, jump out, add the bow strap and chain, jump on the bumper of the truck, and she drives us up out of the ramp area, where we have all the space in the world to take care of the rest of the boat. When I'm adding the bow straps and telling her just to take it up top, I look around and everyone is just watching us. We were in and out of that clusterf*ck in less than 90 seconds. I was quite impressed with her!

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
You got a keeper. My wife and I have the same routine but she panics when having to park the wide empty trailer between other trailers. She searches for to the wide open spaces. I too do all the backing.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see the comments on tubers and other boats in calm water messing up other water sports, but these folks have just as much right to a public lake and smooth water as anybody else. I get it a I've been on all sides...wakeboard, surf, and tubing. I had a boat of serious wakeboarders come over and ask us to leave one time because they were really hoping for some good runs and I said we'll leave when we are finished as we were hoping for the same.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I see the comments on tubers and other boats in calm water messing up other water sports, but these folks have just as much right to a public lake and smooth water as anybody else. I get it a I've been on all sides...wakeboard, surf, and tubing. I had a boat of serious wakeboarders come over and ask us to leave one time because they were really hoping for some good runs and I said we'll leave when we are finished as we were hoping for the same.
Agreed, sure in a perfect world everyone would have their 'own' spot, but sometimes multiple people like the same spot. One more reason I can't wait until the first morning when the water is dead calm, I head out do a couple of passes, and call it a day, before anyone else gets out on the lake, save for a few fisherman.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I honestly never really thought about tubing vs boarding/surfing. I don't see any harm in asking just be nice, and accept that no may be the answer. Is a wakeboarder giving way to a fisherman wanting to fish the cove?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone has just as much right to any part of a public body of water as the next person. It is about sharing it responsibly. I live on a very large heavily populated lake with lots of coves and fingers. Myself and other wake surfers travel a long ways across the lake buring a lot of time and gas to get to one particular cove/ finger with few houses to blast our music and wakes at empty shoreline instead of at houses and docks. There is kind of an unspoken order to it. Bass guys hit the spot in the morning. Poontoons with older folks and grandkids hit it until the boarders show up and then move a larger calm coves with lots of homes. Boarders try not to stay too late for the thought of the few homes on the outskirts of this cove and respect each other in a small floating spot so not too many at one time. We will even stop altogether when the occasional skier shows up. We also all make the same counter clockwise circle. If we want to tube we go to one of the larger adjacent coves with more homes or our own home cove after dumping our ballast. Without fail on busy weekends tubers will come right down the middle of that wake/surf cove or even zig zag through it too close. Without fail their tuber go for a bone jarring ride over the wakes and beg to stop. Some even stop right in the path.

Most respect and appreciate this natural order. The bass guys do because they prefer to be out in the morning and don’t appreciate having their docks rocked by wakeboarders/surfers on other parts of the lake. Same for the older pontoon/deck boat guy on the lake pulling grandkids on a tube.

I honestly think those who upset the natural order either don’t know or don’t care but then complain when boats rock their dock on a different part, their kids start crying from a bone jarring ride, their boat starts rocking, or they take in a mouthful of water floating behind their boat. They also make it harder for respectful wake sport guy who went out of his way to where fewer houses, docks, and boats are to be and stay respectful.

My biggest question to people who only tube is why oh why would you even want to go into an area with the 3 foot waves from wake boats that will send your tuber for a bone jarring ride when there are better options? Are you aware that you can steer, slow down, and speed up with regards to other boats wakes and your riders comfort but a wakeboarder or skier will end up going down trying to avoid other boats wakes or trying to absorb them?

For the wakeboarders and surfers out there. Have you considered that not everone wants to hear your music. Have you considered there is a reason why all of the wake boats are in one cove going around in the same direction and why there are some just parked there waiting their turn or do you go on the the next one where the tubers and docks are and rock their world? Have you considered how you would feel if you owned the docked boat that you just drove by 20 ft away with full ballast or that kid that bounced insanely hard on the tube was your own.

For those of you who don’t live on the lake you boat on but visit the same lake frequently have you even been observant enough to know the natural order? Do you even appreciate that these folks live there and have to deal with all sorts of jerks doing things they should not too close to their dock? How would you like it if they came and left strips in front of your house, threw rocks at your mailbox, or drove around aimlessly on the quiet road where all the kids ride their bikes and play ball in the street that locals go out of their way just so the kids can? Equivalent stuff happens to lake dwellers every weekend and holiday.

Yep this was a rant. No life is not fair. Some folks are just plain jerks. For the ones who aren’t perhaps there was something you did not realize in what I wrote or perhaps you can commiserate. For @robert843 it should make for good fodder for one of his videos which is what I think this thread was aimed at.

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I honestly never really thought about tubing vs boarding/surfing. I don't see any harm in asking just be nice, and accept that no may be the answer. Is a wakeboarder giving way to a fisherman wanting to fish the cove?
First come first served in my book. I wouldn’t try and run anybody off nor start fishing and make people go around me. We go earlier in the day and get our runs in then relax on the water or leave. It is an unrealistic expectation to have any area for yourself on a busy lake at a busy time of the day regardless of intent or circumstances. With that said, I agree folks should be considerate and share in responsible and courteous way....just don’t get upset if it doesn’t end up that way.

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When boaters are in the wrong lane and are clueless about it so you actually have to pass on the left.
The funny thing is that red is starboard going UP river on fresh water lakes. Or at least lake Norman is.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lagging on the dock.

you know. boat FULL of people ties up, takes their sweet time getting out, everything together..... nobody goes to get the tow vehicle. boats all over sitting...waiting for dock space.

drives me nuts. you can clean your $hit out when its on the trailer.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed, sure in a perfect world everyone would have their 'own' spot, but sometimes multiple people like the same spot. One more reason I can't wait until the first morning when the water is dead calm, I head out do a couple of passes, and call it a day, before anyone else gets out on the lake, save for a few fisherman.
This is what we do, or used to before I had a whole 900 acre lake to myself...

Set the alarm for 6:00 am and get on the water before it gets even the first ripple. It makes you feel like you’ve already won the day when you get to ski on glass that still has a bit of fog rising off it.

Now on the other hand, I’ll bet there’s a fishing forum out there somewhere with a thread with the same title. The only difference is they’re complaining about all of the early morning skiers wasting their good fishing :)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am getting her a M&P shield and carry course for her 21st b day later this year and her boyfriend is the alpha type so not all that worried. Trouble for him, me, and the mrs is she is alpha too (I would not have it any other way). I still don’t like the attention she gets in her bikini though.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know @Mainah. Mine is just 7 years old and I dread the fact that in 7 years she will be turning 14 years old and creepy men will start looking.

Thinking maybe I should flying my colors at that time.

I although we deserve the suffering as a price for all the sins of our youth

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am getting her a M&P shield and carry course for her 21st b day later this year and her boyfriend is the alpha type so not all that worried. Trouble for him, me, and the mrs is she is alpha too (I would not have it any other way). I still don’t like the attention she gets in her bikini though.
The curse of marrying a good looking woman.

You’ll have a good looking daughter to worry about.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is what we do, or used to before I had a whole 900 acre lake to myself...

Set the alarm for 6:00 am and get on the water before it gets even the first ripple. It makes you feel like you’ve already won the day when you get to ski on glass that still has a bit of fog rising off it.

Now on the other hand, I’ll bet there’s a fishing forum out there somewhere with a thread with the same title. The only difference is they’re complaining about all of the early morning skiers wasting their good fishing :)
The lake where I boat has at least a hundred fishing boats out there every morning. Some are backwoods types that you would not want to tick off after they have had their morning shine which is before I even roll out of bed.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The funny thing is that red is starboard going UP river on fresh water lakes. Or at least lake Norman is.
I think that's correct. Now I'm confused. Ha!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This will probably get me some flak, but it annoys me.

My lake is overall fairly narrow and more long than anything. There are some decent sized coves that people can use for watersports that dont really affect traffic. But what annoys me is boats with MEGA wake setups cruising down the main channel while everyone else is trying to get somewhere. Sometimes these guys are just overloaded with people, sometimes they think it's cool to have full ballast bags to throw a huge wake, but they're always super annoying to every other boater out there.

I'm torn on the wakesurfers, theyre st least using said wake that makes it inconvenient and hazardous for everyone else, but theyre also going super slow and really could be in a cove, not on the main channel in a narrow yet much travelled part.

The guys that do this without anyone behind their boat at that moment though?Douchebags.