• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What three person tube do you recommend?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg Who else used one of these back in the day? I was pretty young when we upgraded to a tube with handles.

I have no idea who the girl is, stole the photo from an image search.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Big Mable has a high back and sides so the more timid spirits in the family feel safer because they are sitting "inside" something while enjoying a stable ride.

Turn the tube backwards and stand or kneel for a challenging ride.

Either the costco tube or the Mable will be fun, so perhaps this is an easy decision in the end.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending on age and what your kids want to do can drive your choices of water toys. We went from the previously mentioned 3 person down to two one person tubes (and a hot dog tube). The kids are older and love to bounce/crash into each other. This also eliminates the really big floatable I have to haul around. Last year we would go back to the dock and put up the floatables when we were ready to ski and wakeboard because they took up so much room. I didn't have that option previously and it was a bit of a pain. But we always had a good time and that is what counts!

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My kids love the super mable - 3 person. 4 person is too big. Back rest and handles for comfort

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we may end up with an Airhead Viper 3

image.jpg

My kids are still young at 5 and 8 and enjoy the comfort of being down inside the tube.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought one for $400+ when they first came out. Riders loved it, I hated towing it. It rolled over easily but the riders would often hang on while dragging in the water or just when they were on top of each other causing it to act like a rudder of sorts. The "wing/arch" is inflated but not supported so it collapsed under any weight. Sold it a year later at a 50% loss and was happy to be rid of it.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the one my local costco was pushing this year. 3 person, down from 4 the past few years. Came with a tow rope and electric pump. $220.

Great deal since you can almost return or exchange it indefinitely. I exchanged a few years after I bought them for full store credit.

After years of tubing with all kinds of styles, sitting is the way to imho.

View attachment 22141 View attachment 22142
@Ronnie that is the same one we have at our Costco. Tempted to go get it for the weekend. Seems like a good deal and with the return policy seems like a no brainer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie that is the same one we have at our Costco. Tempted to go get it for the weekend. Seems like a good deal and with the return policy seems like a no brainer.
I see them every april but around here they are gone before may. This year was no exception. They must have had 20 when I first saw them, now none.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we may end up with an Airhead Viper 3

View attachment 22154

My kids are still young at 5 and 8 and enjoy the comfort of being down inside the tube.
@Bruce The Airhead Viper 2 was the first tube we owned. It was okay. There is nothing between you and the water except the nylon when you sit down in the tube. Our kids much prefer sitting up on the tube - a more comfortable ride. The Airhead didn't last long before seams started to give out. We patched it for a while and eventually gave up. We now own a Mable and the tube from Costco. The Mable seems indestructible and we have had young timid kids feel safe on it. We own the Mable because the Costco tube in each of the past two years has popped and it is usually after the Costco inventory has been depleted. So, we take it back and wait until next year to get a new one and ride the Mable in the mean while.

Apparently we are hard on tubes. Must have something to do with the acrobatics being performed by riders being ejected. I'm pretty sure it isn't the driver's fault! :D

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ordered a Super Mable yesterday on Amazon. It is due in tomorrow. I picked it because it can tow forward or backwards and offers more versatility. I also like the reviews of it, sturdy, can be used as a floating couch in a cove etc.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Super Mable and the HO 3g, it's 6's :). Sounds like you made the right choice. Just for reference, the 3g can be towed like a chariot as well, but no one ever does because it likes to submarine that way.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How well do the 3-person tubes handle if just one person is riding? I was told yesterday that most are horrible with just one rider. Anyone have experience with this??

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the one my local costco was pushing this year. 3 person, down from 4 the past few years. Came with a tow rope and electric pump. $220.

Great deal since you can almost return or exchange it indefinitely. I exchanged a few years after I bought them for full store credit.

After years of tubing with all kinds of styles, sitting is the way to imho.

View attachment 22141 View attachment 22142
I have the 4 person version of this one. . . . . . . KILLER tube. Lots of fun and VERY stable

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My SM handles fine with one person but it is a lot more fun with 2 or more for the rider.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I would say if its a 3seater -perfect,sit in middle A 2seater you may be sitting on the handles or off balance the tube sitting to one side. Some may call that FUN!!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I purchased the HO Delta 3 from Costco on Saturday and used it on Sunday. It was a hit. Everyone loved it. Another vote for the HO Delta 3. Only disappointment was that it didnt have a rear connection to be pulled backwards.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered a Super Mable yesterday on Amazon. It is due in tomorrow. I picked it because it can tow forward or backwards and offers more versatility. I also like the reviews of it, sturdy, can be used as a floating couch in a cove etc.
Just picked up super mable myself it is a lot of fun, kids love it. Parents used it as a couch, tied it off and bribed kids to swim us cans. Love the sidewall, like a comfy couch!