• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What three person tube do you recommend?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My two person tube seems to have been adopted by a neighbor. So I need a new tube. I would like to get a three person tube so the whole family can ride back there. What do you recommend?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think ours is an O'Brian which we got it at West marine. I retired it last season because it is about shot but we used it a lot and overall very pleased with it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had our "BandWagon" out yesterday....kids love it....Dad not so much....as it is like another boat! Its huge....but I can see why the kids like it. Its stable, and has four ways to ride.....laying down, sitting back, kneeling or standing.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Other than the size... I REALLY like the molecule for kids. You just have to be really careful about how fast you go... it doesn't have hardly any drag, even when you weigh it down with 5 people, so it's really easy to tow and it's easy on gas..

For sit-down tubes, the HO 3G Chariot tube is a LOT of fun. We have the 2G version... I would just buy the 3G if I were to do it again.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We love our Chariot warbird 3. But like Julian it is BIG!

girlstube.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
QUOTE="Julian, post: 98528, member: 3"]Had our "BandWagon" out yesterday....kids love it....Dad not so much....as it is like another boat! Its huge....but I can see why the kids like it. Its stable, and has four ways to ride.....laying down, sitting back, kneeling or standing.

[/QUOTE]

Neighbors have a Bandwagon - its multiple riding options make it good for a large variety of rider ages/thrill levels.
They wore out their previous Super Mable that they bought after we got ours, most of the riders loved the Super Mable and like the Bandwagon even more.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have an HO 3G couch that works pretty well for all ages. a little limited with pretty much one riding position (sitting)...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@GTBRMC has the "goodies' here.
If it were me, I'ld stick with ONLY inflatables made by SportsStuff. Great products, incredible quality, TONS of choices !
It's why they are #1 in towables !

There are 4 EXCELLENT Choices for your situation ..............
1) Big Mable
2) SUPER Big Mable
3)Bandwagon
4) Poparazzi

I feel if you'll have 3 to 5 kids on the towable at 1 time, the POPARAZZI is The BOMB !

You can see these, and others, here:
http://www.towablesstore.com/

Good Luck, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Big Mable is great fun, stable at slower speeds for those who want to coast along and a good thrill ride at higher speeds.
Plus Mable is a great stationary float for anchoring and splashing around.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So Big Marble or Costco HO tube?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would stick with the sportsstuff products....mine is and I have no complaints about quality.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another vote for Costco. We bought a four person and used it for two seasons, the next season a seam popped and we returned it to Costco for an exchange of their current model. I see now that are selling a 3 person (HO).

The tube is great fun for everyone and considering the hours we put on it I was prepared to pay for a new one, the fact Costco exchanged it was a bonus.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use a super Mable and the trick is to finish inflating it with a hand operated 2 way pump like the kite surfers use, this lets you get it as hard as a rock so it bounces and slides easily on top of the water, I pull it with my fx ho cruisers I also use a white floating 100 foot rope, I can also adjust my trim to soak them just for grins or trim it down so they don't get jet wash in their face. A 100 foot rope puts them in some pretty fast side slides .

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like our Big Mable.
Kids like to just play on it as well.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Super Mable is what we use for fun.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg
Airhead gforce. Big nuff for 3. Big nuff for 2 playing king of the raft. Flat nuff to still be able to knock folks off.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the one my local costco was pushing this year. 3 person, down from 4 the past few years. Came with a tow rope and electric pump. $220.

Great deal since you can almost return or exchange it indefinitely. I exchanged a few years after I bought them for full store credit.

After years of tubing with all kinds of styles, sitting is the way to imho.

image.jpg image.jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've gone through many towbales and always go back to the mable. They last the longest and are great. My kids are all in thier 20's now and they taunt me to get them off the tube so we really beat on them.