• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's the meaning of the letter in the engine model?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When looking up parts on the Yamaha site, you first select the year of the boat, and then you select the model.
Here's my question. When selecting the model, I noticed that the model numbers are very similar except for a few letters. I'll use the 2015 AR240 as an example. There are 6 models in the listing. Three of them are low emission California models that have "LP" in their model number. The other 3 are non-California and don't have the LP designation. Both the California and the non-California model groups each have 3 different model numbers that are differentiated by the letters A, B, or C.
My question is, does anybody know what the A, B, and C signify?
SAT1800AP, SAT1800BP, SAT1800CP

Similarly, the 19 and 21 foot models seem to have A, and B designations, the SX240 has D, E, and F designations, and the 242LS model has G, H, and K designations.
Here's a pic:
upload_2016-10-26_8-5-47.png

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When looking up parts on the Yamaha site, you first select the year of the boat, and then you select the model.
Here's my question. When selecting the model, I noticed that the model numbers are very similar except for a few letters. I'll use the 2015 AR240 as an example. There are 6 models in the listing. Three of them are low emission California models that have "LP" in their model number. The other 3 are non-California and don't have the LP designation. Both the California and the non-California model groups each have 3 different model numbers that are differentiated by the letters A, B, or C.
My question is, does anybody know what the A, B, and C signify?
SAT1800AP, SAT1800BP, SAT1800CP

Similarly, the 19 and 21 foot models seem to have A, and B designations, the SX240 has D, E, and F designations, and the 242LS model has G, H, and K designations.
Here's a pic:
View attachment 47835
Typically that means the hull color/graphics package.