• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's this?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Scupper valve for the deck drain.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So deck water goes out the back drain and directly out that one way valve? Does not necessarily enter the bilge area?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Any water that goes down the deck drain, doesn't go to the bilge.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I don't know, but if it doesn't, it should. :)

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure I will get to know the boat better. Just picked it up last weekend and have only had it on the water about two hours.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This kind of stuff is what this forum is for..... asking questions to gain knowledge that you can one day pass on, and giving people a hard time about spending too much money.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Believe me, I would not have made the purchase without spending hours in this forum first. I have been a member of the Iboat forum for many years and several other forums before that. I think these are the best places to gain insight good and bad. My family is super excited about the boat and can't wait to take it out to Havasu.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
guess I need to invest in the Service Manual. How about this? Looks like it might go on the Tower.

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
giving people a hard time about spending too much money.
or, IMO more appropriately, helping spend more money than they intended on awesome new mods or upgrades :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think these are the best places to gain insight good and bad.
User forums are HANDS DOWN the best source of make/model/style specific information on just about anything on the internet. Once you learn how to weed through the "I just came here to complain" and the "Go search you dang noob" posts, there is really a wealth of information to be had on user forums.

Found one last week dedicated to home appliance repair. Was able to find several threads with my EXACT model number refrigerator in it, with multiple things to check, links to repair manuals, and links to sites to buy replacement parts. Took ~an hour of "digging around" on the forum, but good grief is it worth it to avoid a $150 service visit!

Also, JB.net happens to be one of (if not THE) best forums I've frequented in the last 20yrs.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotta figure out how it goes on the tower. Wife and I uncovered the boat last night and just sat in it drinking some cocktails, listening to music and praying for summer.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotta figure out how it goes on the tower. Wife and I uncovered the boat last night and just sat in it drinking some cocktails, listening to music and praying for summer.
Should have a clamp that goes around the tower. Google dolphin rod holders & there’s some pics

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been cleaning, waxing, washing, adjusting everything I can think of to get ready for the first solid trip with the boat. Headed to Lake Havasu, AZ in a couple weeks for Spring Break. I have completed just about everything on my list including a keel guard install this weekend. When I first got the boat this netting on the port side was just hanging by the little clips and I didn't want to lose it so I took it off. Now I can't figure out how it goes back on. Anyone have a picture of how this is supposed to work?

Attachments

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Everyone needs to driveway boat a new purchase. It helps settle after buyers blues. Until she hits the water, it's a priority.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been cleaning, waxing, washing, adjusting everything I can think of to get ready for the first solid trip with the boat. Headed to Lake Havasu, AZ in a couple weeks for Spring Break. I have completed just about everything on my list including a keel guard install this weekend. When I first got the boat this netting on the port side was just hanging by the little clips and I didn't want to lose it so I took it off. Now I can't figure out how it goes back on. Anyone have a picture of how this is supposed to work?
So that area where your netting came loose can be repurposed. The Yeti BackFlip Back Pack Cooler fits perfectly on that little lip and can be bungeed in. I believe Yamaha designed that area to hold a little trash can. I also added a piece of SeaDek to protect that area from scratches as the gloss black finish is super prone to scratches.1.jpg2.jpeg.jpg3.jpeg.jpg4.jpeg.jpg