• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's this?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I have been cleaning, waxing, washing, adjusting everything I can think of to get ready for the first solid trip with the boat. Headed to Lake Havasu, AZ in a couple weeks for Spring Break. I have completed just about everything on my list including a keel guard install this weekend. When I first got the boat this netting on the port side was just hanging by the little clips and I didn't want to lose it so I took it off. Now I can't figure out how it goes back on. Anyone have a picture of how this is supposed to work?
Where did you get that keel guard? I need that!

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got it off Amazon. They are not cheap but we pull up on beaches all the time and some of them are not always beautiful soft white sand. If you want to protect your hull, get one. They are pretty easy to install, but that said, you only get one shot at it. It does NOT come off once applied.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I just got it off Amazon. They are not cheap but we pull up on beaches all the time and some of them are not always beautiful soft white sand. If you want to protect your hull, get one. They are pretty easy to install, but that said, you only get one shot at it. It does NOT come off once applied.
I’ve seen reviews that the white ones turn yellow? True? How long should I get for my 21’ Yamaha. My keel runs all the way to the transom. Thank you

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a white one on my last boat for about three years and it never yellowed. Unless you run your entire boat up on the beach you really just need to protect the first third. From about 6" above the resting water line back to what might be resting on the shore when you beach. I got the 9'. It went back pretty far. I think its going to provide plenty of protection. I know some people have gone with the 10', but I'm not sure you should ever get your boat that far on shore.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’ve seen reviews that the white ones turn yellow? True? How long should I get for my 21’ Yamaha. My keel runs all the way to the transom. Thank you
10ft is what I would do

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Okay thanks...I worry about the stern because its so low and want to protect it against bottoming out, especially when boarding from the rear....I would never beach my boat from the bow....would tie off the stern to the beach...easier boarding. So which is better, Keel Guard, or Keel Shield, there seems to be 2 different ones available...Thanks

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay people, here is a question I have not seen yet. I'm looking for ways to lower my trailer height. My car port awning is 7'9" tall. Right now with my trailer tongue level the top of my windshield measures at 7'11". I need every inch I can get. I have noticed there is significant room to lower the boat on the trailer. The sides of the boat sit at least 3" above the trailer fender and the keel is 2.5" above the trailer cross bar. The bunks use 6- 4-7/8" brackets and 2- 3-7/8" brackets. Has anyone replaced the 4-7/8" brackets with the shorter brackets. That would give me 1" and be a pretty easy transition. Like I said, every inch counts. Its the difference of me getting under my carport or paying for storage, which isn't cheap. Do you think this would cause significant loading problems or trailering problems?

Attachments

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke with tech support at Shoreland'r. They said the configuration of this trailer was decided between Yamaha and Shoreland'r and that my risk would be clearance between the fenders and crossbars and also I may need to adjust the roller height to accommodate the bow eye. I would certainly weigh the trailer tongue weight prior to any repositioning and make sure to position the boat so the tongue weight is the same.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay people, here is a question I have not seen yet. I'm looking for ways to lower my trailer height. My car port awning is 7'9" tall. Right now with my trailer tongue level the top of my windshield measures at 7'11". I need every inch I can get. I have noticed there is significant room to lower the boat on the trailer. The sides of the boat sit at least 3" above the trailer fender and the keel is 2.5" above the trailer cross bar. The bunks use 6- 4-7/8" brackets and 2- 3-7/8" brackets. Has anyone replaced the 4-7/8" brackets with the shorter brackets. That would give me 1" and be a pretty easy transition. Like I said, every inch counts. Its the difference of me getting under my carport or paying for storage, which isn't cheap. Do you think this would cause significant loading problems or trailering problems?
Be cautious of lowering the boat on the trailer. Bow eye height will change as well, which will affect that interface. Also keep in mind the bow is "steeper" than the stern, so when coming into the trailer it's possible you could hit the keel on the trailer before hitting the bunks. I've never measured that before, but it's worth checking the next time you launch and retrieve.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
good advice. I think there is an overcautious clearance now, but I will be taking a good look at that before I do anything.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reverse Question.

Really used to throwing the outdrive in reverse and giving it some hard throttle to stop the boat in a hurry or back up quick. The jet boat seams to really not like getting thrown in reverse and hitting the throttle. Lots of noise. Is that just the nature of the jet hitting the Reverse gate? I kind of hesitate to get the RPM's up in reverse. Am I over reacting, just not used to it?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reverse Question.

Really used to throwing the outdrive in reverse and giving it some hard throttle to stop the boat in a hurry or back up quick. The jet boat seams to really not like getting thrown in reverse and hitting the throttle. Lots of noise. Is that just the nature of the jet hitting the Reverse gate? I kind of hesitate to get the RPM's up in reverse. Am I over reacting, just not used to it?
I think they all make that noise, mine is terrible and everyone on the dock looks at me like I’m out of control when I use much throttle in reverse.
I didn’t see you had asked me a question a while ago. If you use the @ sign before the name it will send a notification. I’m in central AZ so I just stick to the lakes around here for now (Saguaro, Canyon, Bartlett, Pleasant, Roosevelt). We had a baby shortly after getting the boat so we’re not ready for a long trip just yet.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
finally got my boat out to Havasu again. Whew, it was 122 one day. Wow, that's hot! I have been looking to get the boat under my 92.5" Carport. I put smaller tires and modified the bunk brackets and obviously lowered the tower and presto, got the boat down to 91" and under my car port with 1.5" to spare.

I ran the boat pretty hard for a couple days and she did great. I am still a little disappointed in the amount of water I am taking in. I'm not sure where to go next with that. Done all the normal fixes. What does it take to replace the shaft seals?

Also the port engine maxs out at 6850 RPM and the starboard at 7250 RPM. Sure would like to get the port a little closer to the starboard. Any recommendations to look at there? I have looked at the throttle cable adjustment and both cables go to full throw. Air filters are brand new.

Top speed with full tank, 4 adults and probably 200 lbs of gear and beer was 44 mph. Not bad, but if I could get the port engine to perform where it should be it would be great.

Attachments

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK guys. I was looking at boats for sale on the Internet.
What is this black box with the cables in the Engine Compartment (starboard side)?
What is that box.jpg