• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whats your towing MPG?

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2018 Expedition Max (w/ tow package) - 13-14 MPG at 60mph 11-12MPG at 70mph

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2016 Tesla X, 800-900 Watts/Mile, 90kw battery, Range is 70-80 miles, Supercharge time 45-60 min.,
cost to charge $0.00 (perk came with 2016 promotion). I'm live near the boat ramps and rarely go beond
the max range. I can say that I have owned 6.2 & 6.5 liter suburbans, 2001 v10 F250 and a 2011 3.5L F150.
I have towed boats over 10,000lbs . While towing my 210FSH recently a passenger commented that the Tesla doesn't tow the boat it yanks the boat.The torque and control while towing is amazing. As battery improvements grow and trucks become battery electric, the towing landscape will change.
question, You have a Yamaha JetBoat and you are able to leave it in the water for long periods of time? I thought you have to wash the salt from the engines after everyday of use...

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Slight variance depending on how much gas in the boat and the truck. full on both, 9 mpg. about half on both 10.5.

Beefier Durtrac tires on the Ram and upgraded radials on the trail
2016 Dodge 1500 eco-diesel 3.0 4x4
2016 Yamaha AR190
Average 18 MPG 55-60 MPH I’m to scared to go any faster with the cheap 13 inch tires they put on the
shorelandr trailers. Hate to have a blowout

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Update with new rig, just got back from a 2300 mile round trip. Chicago to Pensacola basically, averaged 14 mpg at 70 mph with the baby Power Stroke. What was shocking is the amount of DEF I used, roughly 10 gallons. I always thought the ratio of use was like one gallon per 50 gallons of fuel? Not a huge deal, just eye opening. @Yamadale is your usage similar?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2015 Ram 2500, 6.7L Cummins
13.5-14 with the bimini fabric on

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Update with new rig, just got back from a 2300 mile round trip. Chicago to Pensacola basically, averaged 14 mpg at 70 mph with the baby Power Stroke. What was shocking is the amount of DEF I used, roughly 10 gallons. I always thought the ratio of use was like one gallon per 50 gallons of fuel? Not a huge deal, just eye opening. @Yamadale is your usage similar?
Quantity of def usage is going to depend on how dirty the dpf gets. Sounds like that baby power stroke is working hard or “ Under a Load”. I don’t know though, could be a normal usage amount for that truck.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Quantity of def usage is going to depend on how dirty the dpf gets. Sounds like that baby power stroke is working hard or “ Under a Load”. I don’t know though, could be a normal usage amount for that truck.
It was definitely under a load, towing the whole way. I guess I thought it was just a function of a percentage of fuel used, still learning the ropes with these new clean diesels.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No
As far as def fluids go I burn up about 2 gallons every 7000 miles. But I might be towing only half the time.