• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where can a mount my Garmin?

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just purchased a Garmin echomap 64cv, comes with a "U" base (no telescopic),. Going on a 2013 sx 210, does anyone know a good mounting location? Pictures would be ideal ! Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased a Garmin echomap 64cv, comes with a "U" base (no telescopic),. does anyone know a good mounting location? Pictures would be ideal ! Thanks in advance
What kind of boat are you installing yours on I installed my Garmin on my AR 190 on the right side of the steering wheel on the dash

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What kind of boat are you installing yours on I installed my Garmin on my AR 190 on the right side of the steering wheel on the dash
Forgot to put it in, 2013 sx210, I don't see anywhere wide enough to mount it.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah
Yeah it can be tough to find the right place to install sometimes. I chose the area I wanted to mount my GPS first and then I found a model with a mount that would fit that. I forget the model but I got the smaller Garman GPS depth fishfinder with the Mount being about 3 inches maybe the size of a suction cup

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Close up.jpg
I just purchased a Garmin echomap 64cv, comes with a "U" base (no telescopic),. Going on a 2013 sx 210, does anyone know a good mounting location? Pictures would be ideal ! Thanks in advance
This Ram mount has worked well for my 232 LTDGarmin.jpg

Last edited:

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you figure out where you’re going to mount your transducer

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted mine onto the jet plate it’s self and ran the wire up through the self draining outlet, and put a T in that drain pipe in The swim deck access compartment to run the wire out And up to the dash.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would wait until my warranty was up before drilling a hole in the ride plate.I don’t think that this has a negative affects to the cooling properties Of the jet plate,But I have done it like this for two years and several other people that have done the same thing for 3+ years.I just couldn’t bring myself to drilling a hole in the transom fiberglass.

Billy bats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I mounted mine onto the jet plate it’s self and ran the wire up through the self draining outlet, and put a T in that drain pipe in The swim deck access compartment to run the wire out And up to the dash.
Yeah, on star side of jet.