• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where did your screename come from??

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Murf is a nickname spun from my last name and Surf is where I live/work/play!

Reactions: 007

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tafur is my last name and the McTafur refers to my my line of work with McDonald's.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with simple

Reactions: 007

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:banghead:
I had a 93 Cobra back in the day. I installed a 180 Nitros shot but hid the entire install so the techs at Sears Point couldn't say I needed all the precaution stuff. I don't like a bunch of different screen names so I stick with the same one
I can't believe I didn't catch on to your screen name!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been a jetboat owner since 2001 and it was time to own up to it with a suitable username. My old username on YJB (parts of my name) was too plain.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0627 (SatCom) Was my MOS in the Marine Corps. . . . Marines are also known as DevilDogs which is derived from the German phrase Teufel Hunden meaning Hounds from HELL. This monicker was given to Marines in 1918 by German troops. While it was widely spread that this first occurred during the The Battle of Belleau Wood which began on June 1, 1918. . . . . From what I understand, it was actually first utilized in print prior to that engagement.

Attachments

Last edited:

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
bobbie....because my parents thought naming their newborn "roberta" was such a great idea.

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Mine is because of my fraternity from college and use it for everything 10+years later, here included... Ratchet is the nickname, and DU for Delta Upsilon.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good thread! Love some of the handles. Surprising his many guys, including my CPA, have thought my screen name said "tax evader". tx av8r, I am from Texas born and raised...and have been an aviator since I was 20. So I am Texas Aviator. I have had that name since the first new car I ever
bought...a 1977 blue camaro. And I out personalized plates on it with the same name. Just seems to stick with me. Been flying now for a living, for 38 years.

Now that boat high and dry on lake lavon northeast of Dallas...that would be Tx_DJ! He said he thought that the shrubs in the water were treetops! And he titled the thread, how I know a Yamaha will run in 8" of water on plane! That thread kept us occupied for 3 months! And he was lucky we got rain in August and September!

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Speedling
Just sounds like a fast little something doesn't it? Well, two things with that, one, I played a lot of video games and in Starcraft there is a little "army" unit that runs really fast and is super small, and second, I had bought an Exciter 270 and made it go faster, so small boat, but fast. Just thought it fit.
My other handle on www had been 94Blue302GT, but that's for the mustang I had, so I figured it was time for something different.

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I kept it simple. Wife named the boat MIDLIFE CRISIS and would not change her mind about it.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live on Mount Olympus...actually, I got the name from my friends when we used to have CB radios back in the day and we would assign each other handles, and since I am Greek....

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not original. :D I used to go by HeavenLeigh...it's from a book I read when I was a kid. But people would mispronounce it (Leigh as in Lee not Lay). So, now I just go by my name...it's easier, especially when I meet someone I met online in "real" life.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
:)I'm really not Jim Robeson, I just play him on TV!!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I adopted mine years ago. I had an awesome job as a designer and production manager at a company that designed and manufactured board games. My favorite job I've ever had. The company was named Mayfair Games and we all adopted the "atMG" so we could be identifiable online to fans of our games. I've kept it for better than 18 years...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have had mine for many years as well. First name Jerry Last name Carlin so "JC" then growing up all I have rode are yamahas. I think I have had a total of 10 or so. I even have a tuning fork tattoo. Jcyamaharider