• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where did your screename come from??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing special. Gym is a homophonic (same sound) for my first name but I do hit the gym almost daily.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my first email account through a service called "Juno" I'm not even sure that they are still around. At the time I was a volunteer firefighter/emt at the local fire department. I tried all of the typical screen names that a teenager would use (most of them were probably vulgar) and they all were taken or not allowed. So I went will VOL standing for volunteer FF for firefighter and my initials AS. I have long since "retired" from the volunteer firefighting service but I have used that screen name in almost every chat room, forum, email, etc. etc since then. The best I can figure it has been over 17 years since I started using it. The best thing is that I don't have to worry about the name being used anywhere else since it is so goofy.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
People at our summer home ask what I do all the time... I answer... you guessed it.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife and I both came from sucky marriages, had sucky divorces with sucky exes. So, in the beginning we made a pact above all other things to be committed and dedicated to having a great marriage and growing old together. We call that Operation "Rest of Life". Kind of Sappy....I know!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's not sappy, that's commitment!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tafur is my last name and the McTafur refers to my my line of work with McDonald's.
McDonald's is paying better now than I recall when I worked there.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
jdonalds was assigned to me. It is taken from John Donaldson

I first signed up for an internet account way back in the mid 1990s when it first became available. I had already been using a form of email in the company I worked for by then through direct phone line ties. Being able to get on the internet personally seemed a natural step.

Egghead (precursor to today's Newegg internet electronics store) was then a brick and mortar store. Egghead had a SpryNet internet offer in a box in the store for $39. SpryNet used the Earthlink service. My access to the internet was by 300-baud dialup only and the internet was pretty limited in those days.

Back then I was not able to select my own username or even my own password. My username was jdonalds@interserv.com. The email I used was tied to the internet service so if I wanted to keep the same email address I had to stick with the same internet provider. I used the same email and email address for more than a decade before finally switching to gmail. I even kept that email address alive for a couple of years after obtaining my gmail address by paying $3.99 a month.

Since then I've used jdonalds in dozens of accounts. I'm not the only jdonalds in the world so sometimes I've used jdonalds2001, taking a cue from my sister who for many years used the year 1999 in her username.

I signed up with SpryNet/Earthlink internet provider but over the years my account was passed from provider to provider including Earthlink, Mindspring, Compuserv, AOL, and at least two others before I dumped it. All the while I held onto the same username and password.

I've always been in the electronics industry and a bit of a techie. It all started in the Navy when I took a 38 week electronics course in 1965-66. After the Navy I worked for three semiconductor manufacturers, then a company that made test systems for semiconductor devices. For many years I specialized in semiconductor memory technology.

My current email address contains the number 1041 which is the street number for the house I grew up in for the first 19 years of my life.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a 93 Cobra back in the day. I installed a 180 Nitros shot but hid the entire install so the techs at Sears Point couldn't say I needed all the precaution stuff. I don't like a bunch of different screen names so I stick with the same one
Thanks. I've been wondering where you got your username. Makes sense now.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. I've been wondering where you got your username. Makes sense now.
That sheds some light and now I can pronounce it the way you envisioned (Hidden NOS). Sweet name.

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine started back as an Xbox name, WSP623 (Washington State Patrol, 623 -badge number), a whole bunch of us pretty much had similar things, all being proud of what we do. A few years ago we all started getting harassed, hacked and otherwise ruined it for all of us. So the WSP got dropped and jet boat was a natural backup.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have had mine for many years as well. First name Jerry Last name Carlin so "JC" then growing up all I have rode are yamahas. I think I have had a total of 10 or so. I even have a tuning fork tattoo. Jcyamaharider
Picture ?? !!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Picture of the tattoo or all of the yamahas?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After purchasing my first used boat for $1500, I became obsessed with boats and every time the wife and I would go to the lake area, I had to find time to look at new boats. Purchased a new Searay 18 footer in the year 2000, but it did not have a bimini, so one year later while looking for a bimini, I found a boat I wanted with a bimini, 2001 19 foot Searay, which we purchased. Still had to look at boats every time I made a trip to the lake and have looked at Yamaha's for many, many years. Finally broke down and got the Yamaha and never looked back. Come summer, all I want to do is get out on the boat even when the wife has other plans in mind. I cannot sleep long at night knowing I am going to the lake the next day and get up early, prep the boat, load it up, sometimes completed before the wife gets out of bed. Thus " Boat Crazy" The wife says I love my boat more than I love her. "Not True".

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
yamahatattoo.jpg

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It asked me for a screen name. I came up with one in like 5 seconds...... Really should have thought about it harder.....

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was friends with 2 other Robs in high school and we called each other robbo. In order to figure out who we were talking about, we numbered 1-3 by height, shortest to tallest.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is pretty easy, I ride a Yamaha SuperJet and my name is Dan. My previous username at "the other site" was SHOCKED, that came from my days of owning two different 2003 Ford SVT Lightning's, the shocked part is what happens when you get struck - that was also my license plate on my first Lightning, the other one the license plate was BUILT and it was a mean truck 620 RWHP :cool:
I miss "Shocked".. that was so cool..

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:wideyed:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I guess I could have Julian or Bruce change my username LOL.
When I saw Shocked as the username on the other board, I thought it meant, Shocked as to what was happening with the board.