• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where did your screename come from??

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
R- Roger
J- Jennifer ( my wife )
Clark. ( my last name )

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My first flying job was in the arctic. Froze my ass off. The locals would always refer to me as pilot, never my name. When they noticed I was cold, they'd ask "you chilly pilot"

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was "Fragile Magic" at YJB which is a line from a Jimmy Buffett song describing Jimmy's real life relationship with his daughter Savannah.

I have taken it to mean the relationship between a man and a woman, or a child and a parent, to be pure Magic when things are working well and you are "hitting on all cylinders", but that Magic is precious and precarious, as fragile as the golden threads that hold two people together. Sometimes people take each other for granted and don't realize it until the Magic is all gone.....

There was a time when I was flying full time and the schedules sucked that my son was acting out and almost got kicked out of school for behavior problems. I made a decision to take some time off, away from flying (the recession helped make that decision for a lot of us) and spend more time with him. Its never easy for a kid being from a broken family, and I just felt my direction was to be around him more. Since then we do homework together almost everyday, play sports and video games together, and he has become an honor student and quarterback on his high school football team. Most of all we cherish the time on Spring and Fall breaks that we take Magic out and lose ourselves in the magic of the wilderness for several days at a time, just he and I, and fish and swim and explore and most of all talk. I like to think I am doing what it takes to keep the Magic around for as long as I can, and through our efforts what we have is way more solid than fragile now.......but I will never take that for granted!

And now, a new chapter! The Girl! The Girl comes from a long marriage that just kind of lost its magic as they both "just grew apart".......... We are both aware of the importance of caring for a relationship just as you would a living thing like a child, or even a pet....Our Magic is being built slowly, deliberately, and with lots of acts of kindness and love. I think we have both learned from life how fragile the Magic truly is, and my hope is we will always appreciate and care for each other with that in mind!

So there you have it! Fragile Magic

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was "Fragile Magic" at YJB which is a line from a Jimmy Buffett song describing Jimmy's real life relationship with his daughter Savannah.

I have taken it to mean the relationship between a man and a woman, or a child and a parent, to be pure Magic when things are working well and you are "hitting on all cylinders", but that Magic is precious and precarious, as fragile as the golden threads that hold two people together. Sometimes people take each other for granted and don't realize it until the Magic is all gone.....

There was a time when I was flying full time and the schedules sucked that my son was acting out and almost got kicked out of school for behavior problems. I made a decision to take some time off, away from flying (the recession helped make that decision for a lot of us) and spend more time with him. Its never easy for a kid being from a broken family, and I just felt my direction was to be around him more. Since then we do homework together almost everyday, play sports and video games together, and he has become an honor student and quarterback on his high school football team. Most of all we cherish the time on Spring and Fall breaks that we take Magic out and lose ourselves in the magic of the wilderness for several days at a time, just he and I, and fish and swim and explore and most of all talk. I like to think I am doing what it takes to keep the Magic around for as long as I can, and through our efforts what we have is way more solid than fragile now.......but I will never take that for granted!

And now, a new chapter! The Girl! The Girl comes from a long marriage that just kind of lost its magic as they both "just grew apart".......... We are both aware of the importance of caring for a relationship just as you would a living thing like a child, or even a pet....Our Magic is being built slowly, deliberately, and with lots of acts of kindness and love. I think we have both learned from life how fragile the Magic truly is, and my hope is we will always appreciate and care for each other with that in mind!

So there you have it! Fragile Magic
Love it!

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been on that lake! My uncle had a house right by it when I was a kid. Been a long time.
When was the last time you were there? It probably a little different. But its probably the same in a lot of ways.

CircuitCAH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Used to work for Circuit City (we called it 'circuit' for short) and my initials. It was my first AOL dial up username!

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When was the last time you were there? It probably a little different. But its probably the same in a lot of ways.
So I see Lake Nokomis, WI now on your profile. I was thinking Lake Nokomis near Minneapolis. Not the same lake, so super different :)

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True. I guess there are two Lake Nokomis's.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to race dirt bikes and was nicknamed Chicken Hawk (from the Looney Tunes Foghorn Leghorn cartoon) by friends when I was 18 because at a young age raced against the big boys on a 500cc when really I should have been in the 250cc class. Over time the name was just shortened to Hawk. When I signed up originally on the other forum Hawk was taken so I put HawkTX because I've lived in Texas all my life. I'm 42 and my friends still call me Hawk and my wife still laughs about it. I thinks she's just jealous she doesn't have a nickname her girls call her by. lol

Last edited:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HawkTX one of my buddies call sign is chicken hawk. Little dude who,was actually a navy f-14 pilot before we flew f-16s together. Loudest guy in the bar, always ready to fight about anything, as long as us big guys were willing to have his back. Of course we did, but he was a total instigator and then He would fade to the back when things got rowdy! Great nickname!!

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HawkTX one of my buddies call sign is chicken hawk. Little dude who,was actually a navy f-14 pilot before we flew f-16s together. Loudest guy in the bar, always ready to fight about anything, as long as us big guys were willing to have his back. Of course we did, but he was a total instigator and then He would fade to the back when things got rowdy! Great nickname!!
That's awesome. Love it!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since you have a twin, "Double Douche Nozzle" is still available......=)
haha, yeah...wait, that could be painful!

We all know I got my screen name from the darling glass figurines I collect. So I thought I'd throw a curveball, but you got me!

One other variation I had to go with due to availability issues is Glassmaniac. Sounds about right though...

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I signed up early enough on this forum that I could just use my name. Every other forum I belong to I am Large Wooden Badger - from the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail when they forget to get in the trojan rabbit and Sir Bedevere says "suppose we built a Large Wooden Badger"

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
"C"bus is short for Columbus which is where I live. Used to live in ctown which is Cleveland. Ohio has a penchant for "C" cities.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"C"bus is short for Columbus which is where I live. Used to live in ctown which is Cleveland. Ohio has a penchant for "C" cities.
Very nice........ Sure beats "Sbus"! :eek:

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
haha, yeah...wait, that could be painful!

We all know I got my screen name from the darling glass figurines I collect. So I thought I'd throw a curveball, but you got me!

One other variation I had to go with due to availability issues is Glassmaniac. Sounds about right though...
@Glassman ........ Just be sure to emphasize the Gl..........

Theres always "Glassmataz, or Glassmaster, or......... Just keep the Gl.... please....

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I signed up early enough on this forum that I could just use my name.
Dang it!!! I coulda had class. I coulda been "acontender". I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, but the beach kind, so that's OK by me......

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang it!!! I coulda had class. I coulda been "acontender". I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, but the beach kind, so that's OK by me......
shoulda coulda woulda...

heard a good one yesterday, Can't remember the guy's name, but he went into Starbucks and ordered his usual coffee....seems the usual barista at this Starbucks was a real jerk the way he treated people so he wanted to get him. When he placed his order, they asked his name and he replied, "Penis" - he pronounced it Pah neice - girl asked, "Really?" he said, I'm from France. The girl looked at him funny, but rules are rules...she wrote it on the cup. Knowing that the barista was about to serve up his coffee he just sat back and waited....there it was on the counter and he could see the guy's lips moving....thinking to himself, go ahead, say my name. The barista calls out, "Vente drip for Penis? Every head in the place spun around!

I gotta try that sometime. :cool: