• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where do I join the blow a clean out plug club?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Came down channel on lake Lanier in arguable the busiest spot on lake. Boat decided to slow to idle in front of me. Had to go around and got the jets out of water. Upon landing the plug I didn't replace came loose.

Guess I'll be replacing that. As well as also replacing the latch that keeps that compartment closed. Where can I find that latch? The plastic that holds handle and locking mechanism together snapped.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What no EZ locks on the plugs? $39.95 for a pair to do both plugs why they fail

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can highly recommend the EZ Lock. No more blow outs, and the mechanism provides easy visual feedback that all is well and engaged. Rebuilding the plug bottom can provide easier engagement, but it won't stop them from blowing out (In my experience at least) In theory if you pull on the plug like a lunatic after engagement and they don't come off, they are supposed to be on real good... but one blow was enough for me. (and discovering my bilge pump breaker was damaged on the same trip that the plug managed to get tons of water into the boat was the most "fun" I've had on this boat yet.) When mine blew, I had EZ Locks...but they were in the box still...Darn things needed installation to work. My one complaint on this product. :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just hate it when that happens

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What no EZ locks on the plugs? $39.95 for a pair to do both plugs why they fail
Watched your video to find where that dang spring went when I rebuilt my starboard plug today before we hit the lake.

I mentioned your product to my wife because she was like will that blow out if we hit a wave hard going to bimini? I said nope I have an item in the list to make sure this doesn't happen again. Just hadn't had chance to purchase yet. Will probably happen over weekend:)

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the cobra locks installed. Pretty hard if not impossible for them to blowout with them on.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do repair the latch before you go out again (or bypass the switches under them--at your own risk) because at any wave action the doors will creep open a bit and cut off the engines needing a restart every time the door goes ajar. I've left the door unlatched by mistake on one side and "experienced" this "feature".