• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the rumored new model from Yamaha?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last august when the new 21 fsh's were announced , my yami dealer told me dont be suprized if you see a jet boat with an enclosed cabin next year (which would be aug 2018). So maybe some truth to the google maps?
That would be nice too.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Perhaps the 240fsh has a cabin option up front? Two birds one stone?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha sells large and expensive cabin cruisers in Japan. It is known that Yamaha was sourcing parts likely as an investigation into producing such a boat in the US. Based on 242 X pricing a cabin cruiser is likely to be far beyond what most of us would want to pay.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on info I have don't be surprised to see a 250/252 coming if not in a 2019 model I would bet by 2020 model year for sure.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they came out with a 27-29ft model, I'd buy one tomorrow. But I think they would need something with more power besides the HO 1.8 motors like I have on my 240. Those engines do great on a 24' boat but couldn't imagine them being used on anything bigger

Dan Berwtz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer told me today there will be a 27 footer? Sounds pricey....

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If they came out with a 27-29ft model, I'd buy one tomorrow. But I think they would need something with more power besides the HO 1.8 motors like I have on my 240. Those engines do great on a 24' boat but couldn't imagine them being used on anything bigger
Triple 1.8s :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha is not going to make a 27' jet boat. Many lakes have restrictions on vessel size. Large boats like that belong offshore or in the massive lakes and I just see that as too niche of a jet boat to be a viable product for production.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know they make larger boats. The people in this forum aren't the same people that would buy a 38' CC or luxury liner lol. Most people on here boat on local relatively small lakes, which is the jet boat market. Many lakes tend to not allow boats larger than 23-25'.

IMO 38' or 50' jet boat is a stupid idea. Heck a 27' jet boat would be just as bad. Just put some out drives on it because at that point nobody is going to take a 38' boat in the shallows nor worry about hurting their legs from props because those boats have massive swim decks. Also Yamaha's pricing is ridiculous compared to the market. If a 242X costs near $75k lol then imagine how crazy a luxury CC would cost!! You'd likely be better off with a SeaRay. Like I said if they tried to make something like that it would be so niche that they would kill the project after a year because nobody would buy one or could afford to buy one.

Last edited:

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will not know anything about what Yamaha is planning until the annual Yamaha Dealer Meeting in August. I use to be the sales manager for a large power sports dealer, I did the buying for all our inventory. New product is not unveiled until the dealer meeting. The dealer meeting is also where dealers order most of their inventory for the new model year. Usually, right after the meeting, new products are shared to the public via Yamha's ad campaign.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder if we will get the shaft again this year like last year.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wouldn't be surprised if they started marrying their outboards to a larger cabin cruiser hull. The hideaway outboards are becoming fairly popular.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wouldn't be surprised if they started marrying their outboards to a larger cabin cruiser hull. The hideaway outboards are becoming fairly popular.
Who makes hideaway outboards? I know Sea Ray made one but discontinued after about three years. I think it was on one of their their 37'

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very cool! The Sea Ray a dual outboards...although, a bit out of budget!

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most people on here boat on local relatively small lakes, which is the jet boat market.
I am going to have to disagree with that. I never boat in fresh water. Most people in Florida do not boat in fresh water. Hell, most people on the east, west, or gulf coasts do not boat in fresh water. These boats are designed to withstand salt water.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am going to have to disagree with that. I never boat in fresh water. Most people in Florida do not boat in fresh water. Hell, most people on the east, west, or gulf coasts do not boat in fresh water. These boats are designed to withstand salt water.
I think you're taking my post a bit out of context ;). The engines can certainly withstand salt water use so long as they flushed. The boat itself would not fair too well it wet slipped in salt for its life but you're welcome to try it out and see how well it's built to withstand salt water. Yes you can certainly use these boats in salt, not saying you can't. I do it once or twice a year on a vacation to the Gulf..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

However what you can't do is leave them in the salt like you could on other boats that are built specifically for long periods of salt use or living their entire lives in salt water. Anyways this isn't even the point I was trying to make earlier. It was more so about the demographics of most users on here and where they boat. Most small lakes have size restrictions on vessels, so a 30-50 ft CC isn't really in the cards.

If we use this sites member map as any kind of indicator of where owners are and boat then I don't see how you could think otherwise that the majority of jet boat owners are on fresh water small lakes....

image.png

Last edited: