• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the rumored new model from Yamaha?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I know they make larger boats. The people in this forum aren't the same people that would buy a 38' CC or luxury liner lol. Most people on here boat on local relatively small lakes, which is the jet boat market. Many lakes tend to not allow boats larger than 23-25'.

IMO 38' or 50' jet boat is a stupid idea. Heck a 27' jet boat would be just as bad. Just put some out drives on it because at that point nobody is going to take a 38' boat in the shallows nor worry about hurting their legs from props because those boats have massive swim decks. Also Yamaha's pricing is ridiculous compared to the market. If a 242X costs near $75k lol then imagine how crazy a luxury CC would cost!! You'd likely be better off with a SeaRay. Like I said if they tried to make something like that it would be so niche that they would kill the project after a year because nobody would buy one or could afford to buy one.
http://www.hinckleyyachts.com/models/runabouts/cc-29/

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My dealer told me today there will be a 27 footer? Sounds pricey....
After purchasing a 242, I asked (my dealer) too about a larger +25ft hull ... they said "we just had our rep break down the upcoming models, you will be pleasantly surprised, (they) will be introducing products never before seen in class." ... Pretty vague i know. I haven't been on the water yet and i'm already ready to trade up!

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pursuit still makes at least one boat model with hidden outboard power. It's a 35-38 foot Express with twin Yamaha 350's. She's a beauty! She comes with pretty price tag which is north of 500k.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Pursuit still makes at least one boat model with hidden outboard power. It's a 35-38 foot Express with twin Yamaha 350's. She's a beauty! She comes with pretty price tag which is north of 500k.
Those Pursuit Sport Coupes are very cool. Cost a lot of cash, but I but their maintenance cost versus similar size boats is very cheap.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those Pursuit Sport Coupes are very cool. Cost a lot of cash, but I but their maintenance cost versus similar size boats is very cheap.
I imagine the maintenance cost is relatively cheap, but if you can afford the boat then you're not worried about maintenance cost. The one that I've seen a good bit of had a diesel generator even though it had twin gas outboards. Until recently it was docked in a slip where we keep our Sea Ray.