• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to Mount Transducer on 2015?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the transducers worked great where I put them. Same places as original pics on either side just moved them up so that they just touch the water on plane. Sidescan worked all they way up to 45 mph, never lost the bottom, depth and everything worked and they didn't kick up because of the speed. image.jpg

MarkAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are people drilling the hole in the transom for an external transducer and how are they cealing the hole.

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look at the pic above to see where I mounted mine.

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This location works great for mounting the unit.IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0691.JPG

MarkAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you mount the transducer in the bottom of your hull or on the transom? If it's on the transom where did you drill through the hull and how did you seal the hole?

Nucem140

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you mount the transducer in the bottom of your hull or on the transom? If it's on the transom where did you drill through the hull and how did you seal the hole?
I am waiting for my second transducer and then I will mount them, I am having some stainless pieces made that will house the wires going through the hull that will be near water tight. Then use the 3M 5200 marine silicon to seal it all up. I am a little undecided as to which location I will mount the transducers. If you are in no hurry I will keep this site up to date with my progress to include pictures.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where are people drilling the hole in the transom for an external transducer and how are they cealing the hole.
I installed a Lowrance Elite 5. Here are pics of the head unit as well as the transducer. All holes were sealed with 3M 4200 fast curing sealant. All nuts/bolts have blue Lok-tite on them. If you message me I'll be more than happy to help walk you through it.

Attachments

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a Lowrance Elite 5. Here are pics of the head unit as well as the transducer. All holes were sealed with 3M 4200 fast curing sealant. All nuts/bolts have blue Lok-tite on them. If you message me I'll be more than happy to help walk you through it.
Thank you for the pics, I am running into the issue of where to mount my transducer. Did mounting it to the bottom of the plate effect the performance of the boat? I want to do exactly the same mounting.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I mounted mine to the ride plate. Great location out of the way. Works great!

IMG_4527.JPG

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply, I have a Lowrance transducer. It mounts differently to a bracket and sticks out further. Anyone here have the same with pics?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the pics, I am running into the issue of where to mount my transducer. Did mounting it to the bottom of the plate effect the performance of the boat? I want to do exactly the same mounting.
No difference in performance at all. I've had it installed for going on three seasons and she's still working wonderfully.

That location also gives me a true depth reading and is far forward and low enough to remain out of any turbulent water.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply, I have a Lowrance transducer. It mounts differently to a bracket and sticks out further. Anyone here have the same with pics?
Transducer with cable.jpg

leizearmx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted mine to the ride plate. Great location out of the way. Works great!

View attachment 55458
@AndyD That doesn't mess with your side scan? I have the total scan transducer that I need to mount. I like this idea and bought the flush mount kit just incase i needed it but now looking at your picture it looks like the scan would hit the keel pretty good. So I just wanted to make sure that all the features are working for you. Thanks!

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD That doesn't mess with your side scan? I have the total scan transducer that I need to mount. I like this idea and bought the flush mount kit just incase i needed it but now looking at your picture it looks like the scan would hit the keel pretty good. So I just wanted to make sure that all the features are working for you. Thanks!
My model didn't come with side scan so it wasn't an issue for me. Aside from that, all other features worked fine.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@leizearmx what does your transducer look like? Can you send a pic of it?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@leizearmx - I know I saw someone with this before and they installed two transducers to get a full side sweep (from both directions).

The other option is to mount it on the very bottom of the keel, but personally I would not want to drill into my keel as that is already an area that takes enough abuse and any drilling may weaken it. ... guess you could epoxy it to the bottom of the keel. That would give you clean water and both side scanning.
imho