• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to Mount Transducer on 2015?

leizearmx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@leizearmx - I know I saw someone with this before and they installed two transducers to get a full side sweep (from both directions).

The other option is to mount it on the very bottom of the keel, but personally I would not want to drill into my keel as that is already an area that takes enough abuse and any drilling may weaken it. ... guess you could epoxy it to the bottom of the keel. That would give you clean water and both side scanning.
imho
I haven't been out to the boat yet but I am hoping to mount to the intake plate and it will be good enough. I did remember seeing a post about adding another transducer to the other side like you said though. Thanks for all the help!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted 2 transducers, humminbird allows to use a splitter so each one will scan that side of the boat. It seemed to be the only way I could get a good sidescan with transom mounted transducers.

Marine28

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a Lowrance Elite 5. Here are pics of the head unit as well as the transducer. All holes were sealed with 3M 4200 fast curing sealant. All nuts/bolts have blue Lok-tite on them. If you message me I'll be more than happy to help walk you through it.
Do you get any water inside the boat by putting the transducer cable through the drain

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you get any water inside the boat by putting the transducer cable through the drain
Not at all. The cable comes out of the scupper line just before it opens into the deck floor. I cut a small slice in the line and then sealed the line/secured the cable with some Flex Tape.

It's worked great since day one.