• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Bow Roller???

2MinutesForHooking

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have the 2017 FSH 190 Sport, just installed a bow plate but wanted to also replace the roller, read through a lot of forums but honestly wasn’t sure what I’m supposed to buy.

Roller is a 3.5” roller and then the entire thing measures just under 7.5” when installed on the trailer BB52F1B1-0FAF-47B7-AEB0-328CDAD7F783.jpegD8DB4B5A-F4F2-4872-9857-42B8D8B2976C.jpeg

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve been searching the forum here and honesty lots of great info on the rollers but it still leaves someone guessing. Either one tiny piece of info missing or one pic to show fit from a certain angle is missing. Been waiting to do this project but not sure what best Stoltz roller fit for a 2019 242X-E with shorelandr trailer. I saw a picture @BigAbe75 posted of his 242X from a distance but couldn’t see the roller very well and been wanting to ask him for a close up of his roller and how it contours to the boat and which model it was. If you have a picture of your roller, please post it with the model/part number from different angles to show fit on the boat. Thank you all in advance. Apologies, I don’t mean to hijack the thread but it’s the same topic :)

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve been searching the here and honesty lots if great info on the rollers but it still leaves someone guessing. Either one tiny piece of info missing or one pic to show fit from a certain angle is missing. Been waiting to do this project but not sure what best Stoltz roller fit for a 2019 242X-E with shorelandr trailer. I saw a picture @BigAbe75 posted of his 242X from a distance but couldn’t see the roller very well and been wanting to ask him for a close up of his roller and how it contours to the boat and which model it was. If you have a picture of your roller, please post it with the model/part number from different angles to show fit on the boat. Thank you all in advance. Apologies, I don’t mean to hijack the thread but it’s the same topic :)
I bought this one.

This is about the best pic I have, right now. Probably was taken right after I swapped it. I believe I changed mine out in the parking lot right before I retrieved the boat at the ramp.

9C826896-7BF4-469F-9E0B-E83B7FB22CD6.jpeg

Does that help?

I considered getting those rounded “bells” that I have seen a few folks using recently. But, I didn’t in the end. I’m happy with this, for now.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks so much @BigAbe75 for the quick reply, definitely helps. Any concerns with the big bells bent like this? Seems the fit is identical to the OEM fit but of course much better quality material with Stoltz.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks so much @BigAbe75 for the quick reply, definitely helps. Any concerns with the big bells bent like this? Seems the fit is identical to the OEM fit but of course much better quality material with Stoltz.
Well, no concerns... yet. Lol I do wonder how well it will roll being misshapen like that. I never see it from that perspective. I’m always on the boat. The wife drives the truck and cranks the boat up tight. I’ll try to ask her to pay attention this season - if we ever get to go out.

I tried to use the 4” from my previous boat. Several folks have said you just take a 2x4 and whack the prongs a time or two to spread them a bit to get it to fit. I had asked the dealer to install it before I picked it up (before I realized it wouldn’t fit on its own). The dealer said, “if you want to take a 2x4 to your brand new trailer, be my guest... but I’m not doing it”. So, I brought it home and ordered the right one. Actually, I think I still have the 4” set in a box, now that I think about it.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So, I went through this last year. Before picking up my boat I bought the 3 1/2” stilts, large end bells like the factory one but as mentioned better material. It just never fit great. The angle of the roller is WAY sharper than the bow angle. So I went with a 4” (RP-444) and smaller bells (RP-325). The trailer did have to bent out just slightly, but nowhere near enough to be concerning. And the fit is MUCH closer, with no deformed bells.

29A06502-A98F-4115-85B3-E0FA6A145EF2.jpeg6B3A9929-F3B8-4A5D-A70F-33FE61A0A9FD.jpeg

It’s hard to see with my mirror finish plate covering up the old scuffs, but the contours match almost perfectly. A lot more surface area contact, and no deformed bells.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, I went through this last year. Before picking up my boat I bought the 3 1/2” stilts, large end bells like the factory one but as mentioned better material. It just never fit great. The angle of the roller is WAY sharper than the bow angle. So I went with a 4” (RP-444) and smaller bells (RP-325). The trailer did have to bent out just slightly, but nowhere near enough to be concerning. And the fit is MUCH closer, with no deformed bells.

View attachment 117089View attachment 117090

It’s hard to see with my mirror finish plate covering up the old scuffs, but the contours match almost perfectly. A lot more surface area contact, and no deformed bells.
I just did the same thing this weekend, swapped out the Stoltz with the bells and went with the one you have pictured. I also like the look, and seems to fit my 242 just right. I had a lot of scuffs from the previous roller I had to buff out. Hoping this one works out better.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @BigAbe75, @Dixie Highway, and @granpachuck for all the info. Sound like the 4” center roller would fit with not much but some deformation of the OEM trailer bracket. My guess depending how much deformation, the center roller perhaps isn’t rolling anymore due to the tight fit? I like the contour of the semi v shape one. I’m still not sure what the difference between RP-444 that @Dixie Highway mentioned and RP-446 on their site, both look the same? See below pics.
E340F514-5C5F-4DD9-AC10-A52B8C5DE196.jpeg
BD784AA1-707B-4525-BF3C-CB51D350C0B3.jpegC041AA37-6D22-4801-8361-9A7C0334CEDB.jpegC5FC9432-C28E-4AEA-BF1A-EF166FAD89A4.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As for rolling, mine never did “spin” on the trailer. Once your boat deforms the stock roller it probably won’t roll anymore anyways.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @BigAbe75, @Dixie Highway, and @granpachuck for all the info. Sound like the 4” center roller would fit with not much but some deformation of the OEM trailer bracket. My guess depending how much deformation, the center roller perhaps isn’t rolling anymore due to the tight fit? I like the contour of the semi v shape one. I’m still not sure what the difference between RP-444 that @Dixie Highway mentioned and RP-446 on their site, both look the same? See below pics.
View attachment 117176
View attachment 117173View attachment 117174View attachment 117175
Yes, same one as @Dixie Highway ,
I can snap a pic in the morning if you want to see it since we have the same size boat.
4 INCH STOLTZ SEMI-V BOW ROLLER KIT

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, same one as @Dixie Highway ,
I can snap a pic in the morning if you want to see it since we have the same size boat.
4 INCH STOLTZ SEMI-V BOW ROLLER KIT
Thank you, that won’t be necessary, I think @Dixie Highway had a typo in the RP model number. All sorted now. Thx for all the info!

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I found myself in the same boat. :winkingthumbsup" After another CO to FL road trip last year, the OEM supplied roller had to go. Off to West Marine to try and match something up before heading back home. Personally, I did not like the way the Stoltz fit and didn't match the bow profile.

I ended up with the Yates roller shown below. A near perfect profile match. The center roller admittedly was probably a 1/4" too wide but a little spreading of the arms got the center roller in and me home just fine. Once home, I did chuck up the center roller in my metal lathe and trimmed about an 1/8" off each side so it would slide right in.

While I had the roller out I polished out all of the scratches and marks on the bow. Later last summer I trailered another 2500 miles to the Great Lakes and back home...not a mark on the bow.20200427_203102.jpg20200427_203127.jpg

Unfortunately, I have no paperwork with exact model but Yates 400 is molded on the side rollers. It's not quite as soft as the Stoltz for sure but way softer than the OEM plastic one. Was a few bucks less as well. Good luck.

Breer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice, obviously not the Stoltz they had at the Destin West Marine when I went shopping. That one looks perfect.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just replaced the roller on my Shorelandr’ trailer for my 2020 AR190. Stoltz RP-434. Looks good to me.
CDDA9C8C-F3F9-4AB4-87D4-ED5B69555EDD.jpeg050C0346-6465-4A44-9F9E-7F8B8D0D7137.jpeg

osuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m looking to but and a bit confused. Do i just swap the roller on my 3rd party trailer with that is there? Or is this more specific to match my boat? I do not have the original trailer....