• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Go-Pro?

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The wrist mount works well but you can't get a shot of your whole self, will continue trying things!

GOPR0218-0002.jpg GOPR0217-0001.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@eticket , I like the view of the wrist mount for wakeboarding and knee boarding , do you have the fixed position mount or the newer one that allows you to rotate the camera? I have the older one that I bought to use while zip lining last year but it didn't work out because of the fixed camera position.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ronnie, this is the new wrist mount with the swivel, holds the position really well.

Dieselpwr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time really editing a video, I used iMovie on my phone this morning to do it real quick. I need to put some music in my phone, I movie doesn't have a whole lot to choose from:)

I am really impressed with this camera for the price I paid for it. I bought a floatie handle for $6 and one of those super clamps that will clamp around my tower, that's what it is mounted with for all the driving video. The clamp with GoPro stamped on it is like $40, I got the exact same thing for $11 I think, just doesn't have the name on it.
I bought a kit on Amazon for about $30 that came with all types of different clamps, straps, etc.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bought a Hero 4 Silver this past weekend. Just starting to tinker with it but already having a ton of fun. We got the suction cup mount that we'll mount on the windshield for front facing shots and according to the package it can withstand 150 mph but I'm not sure I'm comfortable suction cupping it to the back of the boat just yet.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Great mount idea, will try that next time out. I hope that tether is strong if breaks when being dragged behind the boat after the wipeout!
I worried about that too. We also had a float on the camera so we wouldn't lose it.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 3+ Silver and like it. But if I had to buy one today, hands down it would be the 4 Silver. The picture quality will be perfect for what you want to do with it and it has a screen so you can see what you are taking pictures of. The biggest problem with the 3+ that o have now is unless you are hooked up to wifi on your phone (which is kind of a pain in the butt) you don't know exactly what you are filming.
I started off with a Hero 3 White. My first GoPro and it's what got my foot in the door. Wife bought me a Hero 4+ Silver for my birthday shortly after they came out. But because I had extra batteries/cases for the Hero 3, I exchanged it for the Hero 3+Silver. Hero 3+ Silver well worth it and I'm very happy. Hero 4 Silver would be a great buy too, because it has the LCD screen on the back.
They sell an LCD adapter that mounts to the back of my Hero 3+. I want to say it was called BacPac or something like that. Makes it easier for filming and is an alternative to jumping to the Hero 4. Mine came as a package at basically the same price point as the others Hero 3+. You will need the extended back plates for the cases as well but I think those came in the kit as well.

IMG_20160707_082836577.jpg IMG_20160707_082823406.jpg IMG_20160707_084151220.jpg

@Rob9550. I love my Hero 3+ Silver with the LCD add-on. Just used it at the beach last week and it took amazing videos. The screen is a definite + IMHO as you can see what you are filming. The only issue I have had with mounting to the tower is the distance in filming tubers. It is just too far away even when zooming in during editing. This year we will be trying some type of mount on the tube or line for more close-ups. Or since we just got a sit down tube they can bring the selfie stick out or wrist strap or chest strap or head strap. Might try them all. They sell kits on Amazon with all those gadgets.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here are a couple more shots experimenting with different mounts:

Handlebar mount on tow rope:

GOPR0224-0001.jpg