• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

White 252xe delivery

BBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Took delivery of my new 252xe. A few years in the making but really glad I held out for the Yamaha. First time boat owner other than a bunch of rentals. I had to buy it from a dealer on Long Island and trailer it several hours home due to my local dealer not having any production slots. Nothing like trailering a brand new boat through crazy NYC traffic to escape the island! The boat did have an issue with the depth sensor not being plugged in which resulted in a few hours delay at delivery. I also found several zip tie cuttings and an extra bolt in the engine bay. The thread locker looked undisturbed on the bolt so hopefully it was just dropped and not backed out. I have not found where it might go yet.

Have about 5 hours on it so far. It's gorgeous in the water and has been getting lots of compliments. Love the swim platform and cockpit layout. Does 44 MPH easy. Getting in the dock is an adventure, the low speed handling is pretty loose. I got some advice to put one engine in reverse and turn it like a tank into the slip which really helped. I'm planning to buy the thrust vectors already. It's also a bit squirley on the rolling waves in the middle of the lake at speed.

Anyways here are some pics! Note the 3D "X" decal, that was a surprise at delivery too. 😅
20220625_192049.jpg20220628_141640.jpg20220628_141651.jpg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good looking boat!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. If you can trailer it here in NYC and LI then you can trailer it anywhere. The traffic has become unbearable since lockdown ended

In2ishin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great set up and colors. Did you buy from Ron or Jerry?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took delivery of my new 252xe. A few years in the making but really glad I held out for the Yamaha. First time boat owner other than a bunch of rentals. I had to buy it from a dealer on Long Island and trailer it several hours home due to my local dealer not having any production slots. Nothing like trailering a brand new boat through crazy NYC traffic to escape the island! The boat did have an issue with the depth sensor not being plugged in which resulted in a few hours delay at delivery. I also found several zip tie cuttings and an extra bolt in the engine bay. The thread locker looked undisturbed on the bolt so hopefully it was just dropped and not backed out. I have not found where it might go yet.

Have about 5 hours on it so far. It's gorgeous in the water and has been getting lots of compliments. Love the swim platform and cockpit layout. Does 44 MPH easy. Getting in the dock is an adventure, the low speed handling is pretty loose. I got some advice to put one engine in reverse and turn it like a tank into the slip which really helped. I'm planning to buy the thrust vectors already. It's also a bit squirley on the rolling waves in the middle of the lake at speed.

Anyways here are some pics! Note the 3D "X" decal, that was a surprise at delivery too. 😅
View attachment 181752View attachment 181753View attachment 181754
Great looking boat.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Depth finder not plugged in? What did they nail you for "dealer prep"?

That's a nice looking boat, looks good without graphics on it.

Last edited:

BBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. If you can trailer it here in NYC and LI then you can trailer it anywhere. The traffic has become unbearable since lockdown ended
Thankfully I have driven a lot around there before and fly out of LGA enough so I'm kind of used to it. But it was a long day!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Looks nice—I have the black model. Saw your Bimini deployed at the gas pump—I wouldn't trailer with that thing out.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

I love the all white! Clean AF

Lugo78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
When did you place order/deposit? I placed in January for 252SD still waiting.

BBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
When did you place order/deposit? I placed in January for 252SD still waiting.
I think it was February. They had no info for me for the entire time and just called one day and said it's here! Hope you get yours soon.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How is the bluetooth range on the boat?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
How is the bluetooth range on the boat?
If you're having bluetooth range issues, talk to your dealer about a firmware update for the stereo - seems it's just a bug that limits the range. Typical range is 20-30ft or better depending on surroundings.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

I wish you could choose just white for a boat from Yamaha and not be given a choice of colors. White looks clean and holds up better to the Florida sun than the yacht blue and white I have.