• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who as an Axiom GPS unit?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, wondering how many of you have used the Axiom units by Raymarine. Does the unit have audio controls? I want to install one in my AR250, but where the screen is located in the dash, i doubt i can fit both screens, so I am hoping to be able to remove the stock screen, and install the Axiom 9. I kind want to be able to use it as a replacement for the factory screen, but able to have fish finder and better gps mapping.

Thanks for the help!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have read most of the install threads on here, but i have yet to see anyone who has utilized or posted about the Audio controls, and that is what i am specifically asking about.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jeebus Pretty sure you really can't replace your connext screen/system. Just mount the chart/plotter additionally, on a RAM Mount. A lot of things integrate with the electronics.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jeebus Pretty sure you really can't replace your connext screen/system. Just mount the chart/plotter additionally, on a RAM Mount. A lot of things integrate with the electronics.
I suppose i should clarify. I only mean replace it in the dash location. I do know i will have to re-locate the connext screen to a new location to retain some controls, but if I can control my audio, gps, speed, fish finder, from the dash location, i am okay with doing this as i wont need to access much more from my connext screen for daily use. If i cannot control audio through it, then that troubles the install plan a bit, which is why im really looking for audio input. My hope is that the axiom unit can run basic audio functions, and has RCA ouputs on it, so that i can link my phone via bluetooth and have the axiom unit run amplifier and speakers. thats my hope.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jeebus I just went with a thorough review of the Raymarine, Hummingbird and Garmin. I settled on the Garmin EchoMap UHD 93sv. But none the less, I know the Garmin doesn't have them, since I have the unit. Pretty sure the Axiom and Hummingbird don't have them either to control the audio. Someone chime in if I am incorrect.

Also I have been toying with the idea about dropping mine in the dash and decided all things considered, I may keep the boat, I may sell the boat and go bigger or different Yamaha - stock sells better, I may want to change out the chart/plotter for whatever reason, etc. I also want to be able to see the chart/plotter from the bow and stern if I need to - with the mount I can just raise it up higher and swivel it around. Plus I can take it off easier if I don't want to leave it on the boat for someone to steal. Figuring the RAM mount would be the best since it gives me all the options. In Dash would look better though no doubt. Personally I have been going around and around with it for last 5 days and been sitting in the boat looking at positioning.

Just some of my thoughts on the topic.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be awesome if the units started incorporating all of the touch points and full interop of some sort.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pretty sure my Axiom 7 can control audio, and just about anything else NMEA(which our boats don't have). However, if you ran the audio straight into an NMEA network it could control it. Hell I can watch netflix on my axiom 7. The unit is insane as far as extensibility.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Jeebus Yamaha does not use a standard NMEA 2k network. The Axiom line will work with other equipment that you ADD to your boat, like radar, sonar, VHF, and other NMEA 2k compatible devices, and many motors too, but it won't work with the Yamaha Connext system as it's proprietary. You will need to keep the Connext for most of your screen control functions.

I'm adding an Axiom 7 (thanks again Suke) to the dash of my 212s for chartplotting, and removing the phone holder, but that's all. My Connext will continue to be used for everything else.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Axiom can control audio with a NMEA2000 stereo. You would need to upgrade to one of those. On a 19' boat this is pretty straight forward. I have a Kicker compatible for sale, message if interested. Not sure if it fits a 19' though.