• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has bought a Yamaha EX looking for real opinions

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you made out alright, enjoy the new toy!

tjohn0617

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I bought a EX Deluxe a few weeks ago and will tell you compared to my 15 FZS it is very light and will not take rough water at all. 600 lbs with only a 13 gallon tank is light compared to the VX line up.

If you want a fun nimble light ski than it's a great ski and very fuel efficient.
It slides easy and has plenty of get up and go. If I just want to to tricks I prefer the EX. Just don't expect more than 50mph.
Its slender and the seat is more like a motorcycle than the wide seats on the rest of the line up.
If you go with an EX definitely get the deluxe, the ride system is a must.
There is no dry storage at all the front storage under the hood is small and useless. The glove box is huge and deep. I am going to seal it with a gasket to make it dry.
The under seat storage is small and again not dry.

2 up is fine but 3 up can't see it being comfortable

I am planning to buy the Riva Racing kit for it over the winter. Gives it a 56 to speed and shaves 3+ seconds of the 0 to 50 time.

Let me know if you want any more info
Hey did you ever put a gasket on the glovebox lid to make it water proof? If so, any recommendations as to the type of gasket and if you put on the lid or on the opening?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey did you ever put a gasket on the glovebox lid to make it water proof? If so, any recommendations as to the type of gasket and if you put on the lid or on the opening?
Never did put a gasket, there isn’t a continuous surface to adhere a gasket easily. When we go out my wife gives me any valuables that cant get wet. Our phones are waterproof so those aren't a concern