• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who loves their Scarab boat

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm just wondering how many people out there love their Scarab boats and had minimum issues with it?
I've seen enough of the issues out there , I have had my own, but is there someone happy Scarab boater's???

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Me. Had it one season. Bought it used. Minimal issues and worked wonderfully. Overall, very happy with it. Time will tell of course...

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One season too...minimal issues. Love the darn thing!

Blair Fleming

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Purchased a used 2015 195 200hp with 20hrs. Bought it in 2017 and put on another 50 in one summer (total 70). She's rock solid up the Niagara River in turbulent waters, cruises great on Lake Superior, handles the big rollers on Lake Ontario, and loves to pull tubers on Georgian Bay. You might guess she put on a significant number of asphalt miles too - rock solid on the trailer.

She will take the family on a 2 week camping trip through the Rideau Canal this summer.

Rules to live by with a boat: Keep it clean, constantly check connections, and over maintain. Know that things break on a boat.

Knock on wood that I don't experience some of the catastrophic events my Scarab peers have experienced.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't want anyone to get mad I posted this.
I know there's a lot of issues that Scarab needs to correct and I don't want to over shadow that.
Just wondering

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I don't think anybody will get mad. Based on reading forums, it's definitely a good question. I personally generally subscribe to the "vocal minority" concept, especially when it comes to complaining about things. People generally seek out places to get answers, complain, give reviews when they are having problems but not so much when everything is working well. So in most products, you tend to find lots of complaints because those are the people that need answers.

With that being said, I don't know if that applies to Scarabs in general... but I thought it was worthwhile to say that mine has been good and apparently others too.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One season too...minimal issues. Love the darn thing!
I think that boat of yours in that color is the hottest looking jet boat out there, hands down.

EDIT:
If/when any of the BRP boat manufacturers figure out the soundproofing aspect of a jet boat and put their flagship twin 1603 ACE 300hp engines in a 24+ footer - they will just kill the competition. Right now they are winning on the looks and speed already!

--

Last edited:

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Going on our forth season with it and still enjoy it and had no major issues. Just wish the dam thing was faster.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm just wondering how many people out there love their Scarab boats and had minimum issues with it?
I've seen enough of the issues out there , I have had my own, but is there someone happy Scarab boater's???
2016 215 hoi. Love love love it. Best looking boats on the water. Had my share of issues as well but it’s mechanical and shit is bound to break sooner or later . These boats are awesome! Keep checking those hose clamps .....

Attachments

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love mine, no issues except loose bolts and nuts.

Going on 3rd season and 98 hours on it.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love my 2015 165 HO. third season 139 hr. and going strong. A few minor issues but all have been taken care of. A boat is a boat, and they all have there issues. Its how they are taken care of is what makes the difference.

Attachments

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love it, on my second Scarab now. I put 160 hours on the first 2014 215 HO and now at 58 hours on my 2017 255 HO.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Good looking boat,!
How do you like your trailer guides?

Frank S.